cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of security profiles BPC 7.5 MS to BPC 10 MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, all.  Has anyone attempted to migrate user, teams, and profiles (task and data access) from BPC 7.5 MS to BPC 10.0? Will the security model migrate through the environment back up and restore, or does everything have to be reentered manually?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Roberto and Noura.  In reading the upgrade documentation I did see references to changes in task profiles, but could not see any evidence of what would migrate successfully---users, teams, and profiles (task and data access).  My question stems from an upgrade assessment I conducted for a customer who will move from BPC 7.5 MS to BPC 10.0 MS during Q1-2015. Thanks again.  Your responses have been quite helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

- Security tasks are added, removed and changed. The migrated information is generated as a log file and you can check the log to apply the changed information.

- There are new built-in security task profiles, as follows: Default_System Admin , Default_Primary Admin , Default_Secondary Admin

Each profile can be used as a model to grant correct security permission when you create new security profile. These profiles cannot be modified but you can adapt the copied profiles when you create new profile.

Regards,

Noura

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

as per upgrade documentation it should be possible, there are some differences so some task will be removed and others added so after probably you have to "correct" some profiles.

Have you got some issues during migration?

Regards

Roberto