cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of times main memory has been unloaded in last 24 hours "0"

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting  error "BIA server is overloaded"  in RSDDBIAMON2 tcode.  

Description is below:

BIA server is overloaded

Message no. RSD_TREX154

Diagnosis

The SAP NetWeaver BI Accelerator server is overloaded. Either there has recently been a forced unload of the BIA main memory, ort he total volume of loaded data exceeds the limit of 50% of the available main memory.

Both these situations negatively impact the stability of the BIA server.

Procedure

You have two options:

Decrease the volume of data in the BIA: Delete BIA indexes that you do not currently need or that you do not urgently require.

Contact your BIA hardware partner and carry out a new sizing for the BIA hardware.

Procedure for System Administration

By default, this message only appears as a warning in processes that index large volumes of data in the BIA. You can use administration parameters to specify this warning as an error message as well. This causes all index processes to terminate if the error occurs.

To do this, execute program RSDDTREX_ADMIN_MAINTAIN with parameters Object= DONT_IGNORE_BIA_OVERLOAD, Value = X, and INSERT/UPDATE = X.

Diagnois says

1) The total volume of loaded data exceeds the limit of 50% of the available main memory,I have already checked the disk used for storing the indexes  and it is not more than 50% of the BW Accelerator main memory.

2)There has recently been a forced unload of the BIA main memory:  As per error details  Number of times main memory has been unloaded in last 24 hours: '0'  ie no unloaded had happened in last 24 hours.

Please help me how i can solve this erro as there is not unload happened and also disk usage under control.

Regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhaskar_v3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aksha,

The message " Number of times the main memmory has been unloaded in last 24 hours. " can be neglected in some projects this message will be set as warning and not an error.

This message means In last 24 hours how many times the cubes are been re-filled (initial filling).

You can check this in the TCODE - RSDDBIAMON2.

SAP has defined a limit on it. If it exceeds will not lead to any problem.

Regards,

Bhaskar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Akshay,

You can try restarting your tREX server once. It should help with the overlaod issue.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sheen

0 Kudos

Hello Sheen,

Thanks for reply.

Any idea why its showing  "Number of times main memory has been unloaded in last 24 hours: '0'"  as red and where i can find the historu of unload happned in last one week.

If possible could you please expain how this unload works in BIA.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) You can check the traces via the trex standalone tool trexadmin or transaction TREXADMIN. You must provide more details to get an analyze. Was there running a lot of process chains at this time? Have you checked the memory monitoring of the BWA blades?

2) transaction TREXADMIN -> tab version..

You can try going through SAP notes which help with high memory issues.

Sometimes, the rfc server sometimes takes a lot of memory and doesn't free it afterwards.

Thanks,

Sheen