cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 'Upload' option in Rules Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to edit Decision table from Rules Manager but I am not getting any 'Upload' option in Rules Manager. Hence no rules are getting updated through Rules Manager. Can anyone please guide me through this issue? Is there any role that the user needs to be assigned or any other reason?

Please help.

Please find the below screen shot.

Regards,

Adrija

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adrija,

what is that "upload" supposed to do? Never seen an other button then search where you made the screenshot. If you want to upload excel to decision table, please open the the tree "Decision Table" and select a table. There are options like import / export if you have the permission to do so.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I am able to import/export the excel to update the decision table and save it. But it is not getting activated. As on testing it through the Web Navigator, I find the changes are not reflecting there. Also the table is not getting updated in NWDS.

After searching through various post, got the link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b00e9df0-1e9a-2c10-fbaf-98cb3b179...

Please refer page 11 of the same where it is said how to update the changes. In that page, to activate the changes they are using the 'Upload' button. So is there any version difference or do I need to assign some roles to the user or is there some other way to activate the changes in the Rules Manager.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Adrija

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. So your link is for 7.2. I only know it from 7.3. After you click "Save" there appears a screen where you have to scroll down (usability is not the best here ) to see a checkbox and a button to activate your changes. Take a look at my screenshot.

After that it should be active.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply. We are able to activate the table in Rules Manager and successfully execute the same in Web Navigator.

But the updated Decision Table in Rules Manager is not getting reflected in the NWDS decision table. Do we have to do something to get both in sync?

Thanks and Regards,

Adrija

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to synch it with the runtime server out of the NWDS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your prompt response. Now both NWDS and Rules Manager are in sync. Hence issue resolved. 🙂

Regards,

Adrija

Answers (0)