cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension field - read and write

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Goal: extend the appointment TI with information about customer (read-write)

What I did:

1. create an EC with customer information (the result is shown below)

2. set the fields as input field (so that I can change the customer information)

Problem:

1. when I change and then click on save after change the information in the extension fields, nothing happens.

2. in the SDK I tried to add extension node so that I can enhance the script files but there was an error message: the node is not extendable (I tried multiple nodes)

Many thanks for your help

Cheers

Linh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to add a button in the EC and set onClick to an event. This event is called onSave and does this:

However it doesn't work. What is wrong with my logic? How can I save the edited field?

Many thanks

Cheers

Linh

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you mean you change the input fields but they turn back to old values when you save a record?

Can you put a screen shot of the data model of EC?

And the inport of EC?

Regards,

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly,

the data model looks like this:

(example address, similar to email, accountname, accounted and phone)

Query by appointment ID from Appointment TI outport.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, you bound your Root with AppointmentActivity.

That is why you can't change the values.When you bind the Root with AppointmentActivity, the EC becomes the same as the AppointmentActivity instance. Your EC can be used only for Read. You can't change the already existing data.

You have to use a custom BO for your EC for Write access.

Hope this helps.

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I understand now. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Linh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried to create a new BO. Is it correct that I can use this to bind with a standard BO e.g. Customer and get the write access to Customer BO?

I want to change the customer information in Appointment work center (could be a new tab, could be extension fields, whatever possible). How can I do it?

Many thanks for your help

Best regards

Linh.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,NLH,

Not really.

You have to bind your EC with your new custom BO.

You can't change already existing data of a standard BO with an EC.

If you want to change a standard master data, you just edit the standard record (that you want to)      from Edit option on the Cloud.

If you want to add some fields to a standard form, use extension fields. You will have read and write access for those fields.

Creating an EC is used for some other purposes(for example -->when you want to add a table to a standard screen which is somehow related to the standard BO).

When the standard BO is saved, yours is getting saved either. Your EC will act as a QA of your custom BO. All the event :AfterModify, BeforeSave,OnSave validation of the custom BO will run on EC as they run on QAF or OIF.

Hope this helps.

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fred!

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

Fred.

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One of the best explanation I had the opportunity to read!

Really clear and efficient!

Thanks!

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jacques.

Really glad to hear that.

Regards,

Fred.

Answers (0)