Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO favourite report KO after a BEX querie update

former_member644785
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since I added a new selection in BEX querie rows structure, users can't use anymore their reports using this querie.

When they try to execute it, nothing happens.

They just have a internet explorer message (see in attachment).

But the report in the "official" folder (suported by IT team) works well after I transported BEX querie and promoted Web Analysis for Olap report.

We use :

-BW 7.31 SP9

-BEX query designer SP 0 Revision 681

-BI 4.1 SP2 patch 6

this is very annoying because users no longer have confidence in BO

Does anyone have this problem and if yes what is the solution ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JPVA
Explorer
0 Kudos

We also have similar issues with the OLAP for analysis tool. It appears indeed randomly by either adding an object to the panel or editing the 'Filter by member', or by resizing the OLAP pane.

I've searched for a SAP note but nothing found so far

grt

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar issue. I get the error when using Analysis for Olap. The error will come at random times. Sometimes, I am simply resizing a window, other times refreshing a report. The issue only appears to happen when using the Analysis for Olap and not the other BO tools. has there been any progress with this issue?

former_member644785
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ian

Thank you for your prompt answer.

In fact, in query designer tool, on the row structure, I added new selection (new line with selection)

The IT workspaces which use this query are fine, but fail only for some users (for others it's ok).

We use Internet Explorer 8.

The difference between  IT reports and users reports are the layout.

For example, users added axis in columns and  selected some lines.

IT and users reports were created before the query update.

To help you, I send you the hard copies from the report.

After prompt screen, the get a internet explorer pop-up :

if they choose "leave this page",  they get a strange screen :

if they choose "keep to this page" they wait and nothing happens.

Thank you in advance for your help and don't heistate if you  need more information.

Regards,

Nicolas

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas

Thanks for the update. The fact that only some users have this issue indicates it may be related to particular data combinations or rights.

You should never see the "Do you want to leave this page" dialog from the Prompts dialog in AOLAP. Something catastrophic has occurred at that point.

I suggest you raise a ticket with support so that it can be investigated more thoroughly, but before you do that, can you take an AOLAP workspace that fails, make a copy of the query in the Query Designer and then change the query in the Query Designer to mimic the layout, filters, sorts etc that are in the AOLAP workspace. Then execute the same query in either BEx (Web) Analyzer or Analysis Office. Do they work.... or do they also cause an error?

Regards

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas

Can you help clarify what you mean by "added a new selection in BEX querie rows structure"? Do you mean you used the Query Designer to add an additional characteristic to the rows... or maybe you added an new variable/prompt to the query?

Can you also confirm that the IT workspaces which use this query are fine, but all user workspaces that use this query fail?

What browser are you using?

Can you think of anything that might be different between the IT reports and the user reports? For examples, are the IT reports new, or did they previous exist before the query change?

Regards