cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect locale specified in the BI platform in a Dashboard custom component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine the locale which is specified in the BI Platform (see pic below) from a custom component?

During design time we can use proxy.getLocale() to determine the locale specified in dashboards, but we would like to be able to determine the user's platform locale preference at runtime.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eddie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the type of connection you are using ? If you use LO or BIWS, you can use the webi functions to get the preferred viewing locale for the current user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

I am not using LO or BIWS. I'm trying to determine the BI Platform preferred viewing locale when a dashboard document is executed from the BI Platform programmatically from within the component's Actionscript code. Is there a way to make a BIWS client call from Actionscript (using the Dashboard/Xcelcius SDK)?

Thanks,

Eddie

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of now, there is no option available to get the PVL from Dashboards SDK API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

That's what I thought. Thanks for your responses.

Eddie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie,

As Arjit suggested, there are a bunch of functions available in WEBI like GetDominantPreferredViewingLocale(), GetLocale() and GetPreferredViewingLocale(), etc. that you could use.

There are no such specific functions provided within Dashboards tool.

So, you can create a WEBI report, and have one of these formulas specified in a variable in the webi report. Then, have the block published as a BIWS and use this BIWS in your dashboard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Our requirements confine us to the Dashboards SDK API. But thanks for the response.

Eddie