Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning function Currency conversion issue

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In our IP application, users plan on the amounts based on the cost center local currency key. Each time user use "SAVE" button, the data is converted to group currency using a std. Currency conversion planning function.

However, this is not working correctly in certain scenarios,

COST CENTER      COST ELEMENT CURRENCY AMOUNT

ABCD                    1234                    USD          100

"SAVE" will now convert this into 2 records in planning cube,

ABCD     1234     USD     100

ABCD     1234     EUR     90

User will now go to IP application and changes the USD record to,

ABCD     1234     USD      -100

"SAVE" button is now for some reason not converting this value to group currency (EUR). However, the local currency value (-100) is updated correctly in the planning cube which in any case will be value 0 as we posted a reverse value.

The sequence of execution in the SAVE is,

1. SAVE Command

2. Currency Translation Planning Sequence.

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just switch the sequence, first currency translation, then SAVE. After Save no more delta records are available, so no detla for -90€ can be written.

If you first execute currency conversion, the -100$ will be converted to -90€, both records will then be written to planning cube and value is zeroed for both currencies.

Regards,

Jürgen

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with the option,

1. EXECUTE PLANNING SEQUENCE for CURRENCY TRANSLATION

2. SAVE

Still the same. The reverse record is not posted in EUR. But the USD record is posted.

As long as the record in the cube does not become 0, the currency conversion is happening, otherwise it is not.

Any other idea?

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Try to add a delete step before the conversion, the delete step will unsure that previously converted line will be deleted.

you can also try the solution with CR described here, in this case because you have 2 KFs and one is not null the line will not be ignored. https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/09/078a63016311d393850000e8a597a0/frameset.htm

hope it helps.

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I execute Delete function unless I select a row in analysis item of IP application or pre-defined filter in my planning sequence which I will not know what user will select in the layout.

Just to let you know that I tested it with FOX and it works correctly. But, I still wonder why the std. does not work.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a save step in your planning sequence for conversion? You use standard currency conversion function or some of your own?

What steps does the planning sequence for conversion execute?

Regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can execute the delete using a filter with the same variables used in the input interface (bind these variables explicitly in WAD).

if you use for you can use function VARV to get variables values.

for the std function, i don't know in details what are you doing but apparently the line is ignored because all KFs are null, you can check this by cheking "process empty records" for this function type in tcode rsplan, but be aware that this will have an impact in all the function that use this function type.

hope it helps.

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Std. planning function Currency Conversion with custom defined currency type to determine the exchange rate.

In my IP WAD application, I have an option to add a line for the user to choose Cost Element from master data and plan the Amounts. The Amount entered in this case is converted to Group currency (EUR) using the std. planning function currency conversion.

The SAVE button has two steps,

1. Currency translation Planning sequence ( Filter & Planning function)

2. SAVE (std. WAD command)

The currency translation works perfectly as long as the keyfigure value of the Cost Element entered is not 0. This means, if user entered 100 amount and use SAVE, a new line is created for EUR with converted amount in plan cube. However, if user tries to change the existing line in WAD to -100,  the Currency conversion is not executed which leaves the old amount in EUR as is though the local currency record has become zero.

Hope I am able to explain my situation better now.

Thanks for any inputs.

Regards

Srini

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anass,

Where can I find the option to "process emtpy records" in RSPLAN? We are on BW 7.3 SP8.

Thanks and Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

tcode rsplf1, function type 0RSPL_CURR_CONV.