cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to only display specific members from dissimilar hierarchy levels?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Business Partner that routinely wants to build a report that displays members from dissimilar hierarchy levels. For example, she wants to display member "210_UNASSIGNED EXP/ACC" from level 8 and member "E090_ADVISOR SERVICES" from level 1. When she filters on just those two members, the reports displays as such:

She then must manually expand the "E020_CORPORATE AND EXECUTIVE" member 7 times to see "210_UNASSIGNED EXP/ACC":

Is there anyway to make her life easier and have the report display only the "210_UNASSIGNED EXP/ACC" member and the "E090_ADVISOR SERVICES" member, even though they are from different levels?

Thanks,

Michael J Titera

BI4.0 SP8.3

SQL Server 2012

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael - I am not using SQL Server 2012

But maybe when you move up to BI4.1 you could take advantage of custom grouping?  See

Not sure if anyone else or SAP has any other ideas.

Tammy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Michael

Displaying information from mixed hierarchy levels without the context of the parent members is a reporting workflow best suited to WebI and CR. The AOLAP content can be exported as an Analysis View and then this becomes a data source for WebI and CR.

Our previous product Voyager used to allow member selection from mixed levels without the context of parent members but it caused a lot of confusion and misinterpretation of the data, which is why we deliberately do not have it in AOLAP.

Worth noting that BI4.1 was a big release for AOLAP with many enhancements. One is "Expand to Level". So instead of having to click 7 times to expand the hierarchy, it now just requires one mouse right-click to do the same thing.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Ian.

So to confirm, in BI4.1 SP4, there is no way to display mixed hierarchy levels without the context of the parent members, correct? Using the new "Custom Group" feature will not allow for this, correct?

Cheers,

Michael