cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS SFDC Adapter issue while reading/loading data: Could not read data for session 776, operation 773 (Adapter: 'SFDC').>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a job that reads data from SFDC. We are using SFDC adapter. I am getting following error in Management console:

Error reading from <QRY_SFDC>: <

Could not read data for session 776, operation 773 (Adapter: 'SFDC').>.

But when I re run the job, it gets executed successfully.

I have referred note 2034822, which says:

From 4.1 SP3 and 4.2 following parameters are missing or not set correctly in
%DS_COMMON_DIR%\conf\DSConfig.txt under [int] section

AdapterStartTimeout=90000
AdapterDataExchangeTimeout=10800000

I have DS v 4.0.

In DSCOnfig.txt following values are there:

AdapterRetryCount = 5

AdapterRetryInterval = 15000

AdapterDataExchangeTimeout = 90000.

and there is no entry for AdapterStartTimeout.

Is this note applicable for DS v4.0 also. If I change the parameter values and add the entry AdapterStartTimeout=90000, will it solve my error?

(Note: sometimes , I also get this error in another job which loads data to SFDC)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error says could not read the sessions, so it has some thing to do with the adpater exchange. Increase only the AdapterDataExchangeTimeout=10800000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun, I will check that.

One more thing, is the  note 2034822 applicable to my issue as it matches my error?

and AdapterStartTimeout=90000 entry is not there in DSConfig.txt, will it affect? what is the meaning of AdapterStartTimeout?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

Yes and No

Because one issue could be due to many reason and note will give only a possible solution. But give it a try and see. If that doesn't rectify the issue check the adapter trace log also i assume you are using API version 21.

Jobserver managers your adapter and it starts it. The adapter start timeout shows how much of milliseconds it tried before it failed to start the adpater.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun,

I have added AdapterStartTimeout=90000 and AdapterDataExchangeTimeout=10800000 in DSConfig.txt file.

Today, I got the following error in one of the jobs:

(14.1) 07-23-14 04:34:28 (E) (7992:6028) RUN-058102: |Data flow DF_ALIGN

Error preparing to load <AccountTeamMember>: <

Could not start (Adapter: 'SFDC').>.

Will increasing the value of AdapterStartTimeout help here?

Also, earlier this entry (AdapterStartTimeout) itself was not there in DSConfig. What would happen if the entry is not there in DSConfig.txt? Also the values of AdapterDataExchangeTimeout was different in DSConfig.txt and in Management Console. I came accross somewhere that we should set the same values on Designer machine as well. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you run the adapter with the Trace on in the DS scheduler? Check the trace and see whats the error showing up?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I checked them and i do not see any logs pertaining to the error description.

Attached is the trace log for the run when we encountered error(07/17/2014 06:31:36 to 06:35:21)

Also, attached is the trace log for successful run as well when we executed the job again. (07/17/2014 06:54:59 to 07:08:37)

Also, attached is the monitor log here for the error run.

Error was :

Error reading from <QRY_SFDC_AccountTeamMember>: <

Could not read data for session 1012, operation 1009 (Adapter: 'SFDC').>.

Also, i saw somewhere that AdapterStartTimeout and AdapterDataExchangeTimeout

can be set up from designer itself. Please let me know what would happen if at

both places we have different values set.

In my case, i did not set any

value from designer, so I assume that values from the DSConfig file should be

the base then for these 2 timeouts.

Also one more question, i could see

adapter retry parametes set at both DSConfig and Management console places.

Whats the difference and what happens in case values are different at these 2

places for same parameter.

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i remember correctly, you can set the adapter configuration values by editing the adapter configuration from designer. I don't have a SFDC adapter handy right now so could not verify it.

Secondly if the job is not erroring out always then most likely it would be a network congestion or time out issue only. Since you have already done changing the AdapterStartTimeout and AdapterDataExchangeTimeout values in DSConfig.txt, and the issue is not rectified i would recommend raise a ticket with SAP.

Arun

Answers (0)