cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing SMP EBF 22701 3.0 SP03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there, could you please help me I have the same problem in this discussion

I tried all the possible solutions that they said but the problem still there.

The installer ask for the smpServiceUser's password, I set the password for this user and then appears this error

I attach the log and images so as to understand this problem better.

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 1.44.15 PM.png

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:06 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime found: v10.0.40219.325

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:06 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime found

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:06 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime not found

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:06 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime found: v10.0.40219.325

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:06 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime found

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:06 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime not found

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelProductEditionOption, dbg, productInstallOption: Developer Installation

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:execute method

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The hostname is [STO_SMP-PC] and the IP is [172.20.5.88]

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The domain name is [STO_SMP-PC]

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The fully qualified domain name is [STO_SMP-PC]

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/TestUserLogonService.exe to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/TestUserLogonService.exe

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/validatelogon.bat to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/validatelogon.bat

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.bat to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.bat

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:08 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.js to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.js

(Jul 15, 2014 1:42:25 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelAdminCredentials, dbg, adminUsername: smpAdmin

(Jul 15, 2014 1:43:57 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Zone identifier found:false

(Jul 15, 2014 1:43:57 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Created SMPTestUserLogonService

(Jul 15, 2014 1:43:57 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Deleted SMPTestUserLogonService

(Jul 15, 2014 1:43:58 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1332

(Jul 15, 2014 1:43:58 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, File permissions set

(Jul 15, 2014 1:43:58 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1

(Jul 15, 2014 1:43:58 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err,         1 archivo(s) copiado(s).

Utilidad de instalaci¢n de Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, versi¢n 4.0.30319.17929

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

Error de instalaci¢n, se han deshecho los cambios.

bad username

1 archivo(s) copiado(s).

(Jul 15, 2014 1:44:28 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err, ERROR: Failed to create Windows service SAPSMPTestUserLogonService to try to set service LOGON permission for smpServiceUser user account.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there Thanks for helping me.

I installed Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 4.5. I didn't install an antivirus until the installation was completed. I turned off User Account Control.

In this case there was no need to create the user or give it permissions because the installer did it by itself.

It seems like the problem was the Remote Desktop Connection. A remote connection to windows may not set the permission correctly as local Admin.

Thanks & regards

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everybody.
We have the same problem on non-English Windows(2012 server).

We figured out it by changing validatelogon.bat code in C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Util\TestUserLogonService

If you will launch installation with console mode you will see the error badusername there (clicking next on the smpServiceUser screen). So if you change the code in bat file to do nothing if error occurs and not raising errors the installation proccess will go further.

After this the process will raise the error that it can not delete service by itself and you should do it manually.

After installing all PL on server just do the command in cmd

sc delete SAPSMPTestUserLogonService

to delete the service manually

PS the validatelogon.bat is creating after one of installation steps (when you are choosing the inst dir)

PS2 tested on SP09 PL01-04. Be patient - the starting server service process took a lot time.

hope it helps

Best regards, Stanislav

marcin_sojka
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have exactly the same error message. It works when I'm installing it on English version of Windows Server 2008 but when I'm trying to do it on Polish Windows 7 X64 I'm getting error like

(Oct 28, 2014 7:10:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err, ERROR: Failed to create Windows service SAPSMPTestUserLogonService to try to set service LOGON permission for smpServiceUser user account.

I've dissabled UAC by:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
/k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t
REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

added specific policies for user smpServiceUser in gpedit.msc, all started on administrator account.

How can I solve that issue?

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

I did not resolved this issue with non-English Windows version. What I can propose you is to create customer support ticket (my installation was SAP internal). But this is a long way ((

Best regards, Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin Sojka, in my case i think was the Remote Desktop Connection, are you installing on a virtual machine ?

if this is the case, how do you connect to your VM??

Regards

Jorge Encinas

marcin_sojka
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I'm installing it directly on my laptop.

regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that root cause is the OS language. Installer fails in Russian Windows (for me) and Spain (Jorge Alberto).

And no such problems on English Windows.

Best regards,

Anton

0 Kudos

I also faced same issue and got error "Failed to create Windows service SAPSMPTestUserLogonService to try to set service LOGON permission for smpServiceUser user account.".

While installing the Server, there comes a popup informing about the ports used. I checked whether the ports are available and found out that one of the ports was used by another service. As soon as i made all the ports available, this issue got resolved.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you raise a SAP ticket for this issue?

PS: Solution provided by Werner didn't work for me and unfortunately for you too. Also, workaround mentioned in my above reply didn't work for you.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have just raised a SAP ticket and we are waiting for their answer.

Thank you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge ,

May I ask have you fix this problem?

Regards

Jack Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I haven't fixed the problem. I can't install this version.

I really don't know what the problem is. Now we are upgrading .Net Framework and some other stuff on the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Jorge yo tuve el mismo problema como logre solucionarlo fue de la siguiente manera.

1. Setear una contraseña al usuario dentro de las propiedades del usuario.

2. Dar permisos de Logon de Servicios esto lo encuentras en la siguiente opcion PANEL DE CONTROL-->HERRAMIENTAS ADMINISTRATIVAS-->DIRECTIVAS DE SEGURIDAD LOCAL-->DIRECTIVAS LOCALES-->ASIGNACION DE DERECHOS DE USUARIO-->INICIAR SESION COMO SERVICIO   luego presionas el boton de agregar usuario o grupo, buscas el usuario y lo agregas al listado.

3. Cierra la instalacion y vuelve a intentarlo cuando te solicite la clave ingresas la que seteaste en el paso 1 y ya deberia de dejarte pasar, te mostrara una alerta donde te indica que no podra borrar un usaurio que crea de pruebas dale continuar y con esto ya lograras instalar SMP.

Cualquier duda a la orden.

In English

Hi Jorge I had the same problem and fix was achieved as follows.

1. Sure to set a password to the user within the user's properties.

2. Set Service Logon permissions you will find this option in the following path CONTROL PANEL -> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS -> LOCAL POLICIES SECURITY -> Local Policies -> USER RIGHTS ASSIGNMENT -> Logon as a service then press the button to add user or group you want to add on the list.

3. Close the installation and try again when the installer ask again by the password, please enter the password you set in the step 1 and the installer works fine this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muchas gracias!

Werner Boche

Ya modifique los parámetros que me mencionas y aun sigue saliendo el mismo error. No entiendo cual es el problema el password lo copio y pego.

I modified the parameters you mention, but the same error keeps coming. I do not understand what the problem is, I copy and paste the password.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

I checked with "smpAdmin - s3pAdmin" but it didn't work.

Is there a difference if I install first the SDK??? ¿do I must to install first the runtime?

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As mentioned by Midhun " smpAdmin - s3pAdmin " are the default credentials of SMP 3.0 and It is recommended to install SMP runtime first and then SMP SDK .

-Virinchy

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is there a difference if I install first the SDK??? ¿do I must to install first the runtime?

Shouldn't matter. (I have done it.. first installing SDK and then Runtime)

Can you share your understanding on Jorge's query?

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried to install on windows server 2012 and I still have the same problem, the same message.

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:13 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime found: v10.0.40219.325

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:13 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime found

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:13 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime not found

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:13 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime found: v10.0.40219.325

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:13 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime found

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:13 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime not found

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelProductEditionOption, dbg, productInstallOption: Developer Installation

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:execute method

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The hostname is [SMP01] and the IP is [172.20.5.88]

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The domain name is [SMP01]

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The fully qualified domain name is [SMP01]

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Creating directory: C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\Users\Administrador\Downloads\SAPSMPRT3003_0-20011876\ebf22701\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/TestUserLogonService.exe to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/TestUserLogonService.exe

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\Users\Administrador\Downloads\SAPSMPRT3003_0-20011876\ebf22701\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/validatelogon.bat to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/validatelogon.bat

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\Users\Administrador\Downloads\SAPSMPRT3003_0-20011876\ebf22701\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.bat to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.bat

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:16 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.FilesActionWizard, dbg, Copying File: C:\Users\Administrador\Downloads\SAPSMPRT3003_0-20011876\ebf22701\SMP3ServerInstaller-3.0.3-win/modules/server/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.js to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3/Util/TestUserLogonService/fixTestUserLogonServiceFile.js

(Jul 17, 2014 10:15:31 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelAdminCredentials, dbg, adminUsername: smpAdmin

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:10 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Zone identifier found:true

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Zone identifier removed

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Created SMPTestUserLogonService

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Deleted SMPTestUserLogonService

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1332

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, File permissions set

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:13 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1

(Jul 17, 2014 10:16:13 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err, Utilidad de instalaci¢n de Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, versi¢n 4.0.30319.17929

bad username

1 archivo(s) copiado(s).

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:11 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err, ERROR: Failed to create Windows service SAPSMPTestUserLogonService to try to set service LOGON permission for smpServiceUser user account.

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:14 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Zone identifier found:false

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:14 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Created SMPTestUserLogonService

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:14 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Deleted SMPTestUserLogonService

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:15 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1332

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:15 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, File permissions set

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:15 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, dbg, Exit code:1

(Jul 17, 2014 10:19:15 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err,         1 archivo(s) copiado(s).

Utilidad de instalaci¢n de Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, versi¢n 4.0.30319.17929

Error de instalaci¢n, se han deshecho los cambios.

bad username

1 archivo(s) copiado(s).

(Jul 17, 2014 10:20:36 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelServiceAccountInfo, err, ERROR: Failed to create Windows service SAPSMPTestUserLogonService to try to set service LOGON permission for smpServiceUser user account.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If workaround mentioned in my above reply is not working then you should raise a ticket in SAP support portal.

Rgrds,

JK

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure whether the issue is with the input you are providing. Can you check with user as "smpAdmin" and password as "s3pAdmin".

Midhun VP

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jorge,

I had a similar issue regarding user account settings and controls while installing the installer and patches of SMP and this is what i did.

opened User Account Control settings and turned it off. (might not be suggested but it worked)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I checked it, and it's off.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Recently i came across this error. I felt probable cause for this error is:  Admin user is not able to start service for newly created windows user.

What i tried first was:

i followed the steps given on page # 222 with Title Setting Up a User Account for the SAP Mobile Platform Windows Service in this PDF http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01994.0302/doc/pdf/smp_administrator...

But it didnt work for me.

Then i set these values in PATH under environmental variables: C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;

Deleted everything respect to SAP Mobile Platform 3.0, restarted machine and it worked.

I didnt have to manually create user and set password. Installer took care of this automatically. I feel, some issue with user's access permission.

I hope it should work.

Regards,

JK

PS: Make sure you have .NET Framework 4 installed on your machine before launching the installer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

I tried all the things that you said, but it didn't work.

I have .NET Framework 4.5 installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of Windows are you installing on? Make sure the bit versions match the install and your machine. 32-bit vs. 64-bit.

Do you have Administrative rights to your machine? If not, add the user conducting the install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

I have Administrative rights, It is Windows 7 Professional SP1 - 64-bit, and the install it's also 64-bit.