cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark Interest Accrual for MM Instruments as Posted at go-live

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks I have a simple situation wherein I want to mark legacy Interest Accruals as Posted, the way TBB1_LC works.

If I run TPM44 with no immediate posting, it does the trick but then sets the status as To Be Fixed, I tried using TPM18 to see if later on such flows could get fixed by mistake, and SAP did not fix any flows which is what I want.

Question is whether  TPM44 with no immediate posting should work same as TBB1_LC for my scenario ?

Much Appreciated.

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I would say that it does not make sense to fix accruals of interest before key migration date, as usually you are resetting these on the next business day, so it means that in a common scenario TPM44 is not part of legacy data migration activities.

to answer your question - if you run TPM44 with no immediate posting, then no acctual postings will be recorded in your books, these Update types get status 'ToF - to be fixed' - then the flows have to be posted later using corresponding transaction TPM10.

on the other hand, TBB1_LC is applicable for the migration scenarios, when you need to mark certain flows of transactions as posted (in SAP TRM subleger) without actually generating financial documents.

hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Renatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renatas,

Simple Scenario is:

For an "Intercompany Loan" Instrument with 4 months freq. Chronology given below:

Last Payment/ Capitalization Date = 5/31/2014 (Position/Principle Balance = 1mm)

Legacy/Excel based Interest Accrual on 6/30/2014 = 1k

Legacy/Excel based Interest Accrual on 7/31/2014 = 1k

SAP Go-live Date = 7/31/2014

On 7/31, Performed TBB1_LC with Position Principle as of 5/31/2014 (1mm) with Position Posting Date = 5/31/2014   (no posting in SAP)

On 7/31, Above 2 Accruals posted to new SAP GL Account on 7/31 (general journal, not via TR)

But to proceed further, how to statistically post Legacy/Excel based Interest Accrual on 6/30 & 7/31  like we did in TBB1_LC.

Please note postings to previous periods are not possible as they have been closed and have been posted manually accounting wise from excel.

SAP based Interest Accrual on 8/31/2014 = 1k (posted in SAP)

SAP based Interest Accrual on 9/30/2014 = 1k  (posted in SAP)

On 9/31 Interest Capitalization Date = New Principle = 1mm + all total interest accruals which will be the correct cash flow indicated by SAP.

Please note that the loan instruments are denominated in different currencies than CoCd currencies hence there are forex gain/loss issues too.

Regards,
Rahul