Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I use Analysis for OLAP over a BW query

After upgrading to SP5 I get major performance issues, especially when trying to use the pivot function or trying to sort the data

I've opened a case with OSS but still didn't get any meaningful answer for over a month

Any ideas?

The BW query perform perfect

Shlomi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shlomi

What version did you upgrade from and can you confirm SP05?? BI4.0 SP05 is very old and BI4.1 SP05 has not shipped yet?!

Also, what browser are you using and did anything else change when you did the BI upgrade?

Regards

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

My mistake we are at BO 4.1 FP 3

I'm using  IE 10 and nothing else changed

Thanks

Shlomi

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shlomi

Are you in a position to restore your previous BOE installation to a separate machine? Having both prior and current installations running in parallel will be invaluable for support to track down what is causing the slower performance.

Send me a private message with your OSS number and we can continue the discussion there.

Regards

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

Thanks for your answer

It is strange but it seems that the issue was in a specific Analysis report

I deleted the problematic tab and recreated it and now it seems to be working fine.

I couldn't find a way to send you a privet message with the OSS note that I've opened,

It is opened in High since 09.06.2014 07:32:16, it is really disappointing ti get such a slow support.

Shlomi

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shlomi

I'm pleased you were able to resolve your own issue.

I'm not part of support so cannot comment on the duration, but I know they are thorough and always aim to reproduce an issue before it is passed to Engineering for resolution. It can be very difficult to track down site specific or data specific issues.

Kind Regards