Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on SMP 3.0 - Working with Agentry Client

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am instaling SMP 3.0 with Service Manager 4.1 applicaion . Its my initial phase for SMP 3.0 .

I was going through this link

I have few queries on this

1. In SMP 3.0 the communication protocol is  changed from ANGEL to websockets.

Will this required any specific change in the Agentry file ?

We mention the ANGEL port  while connecting the Agenty client to server. If we are no longer using ANGEL what is the proces now to connect the Agentry client to server. Is there any specific settings required for web sockets ?

Please explain .

2. After installating the Service Manager 4.1 the folder structure got created as mentioned in the link C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application

But this folder sttucture did not had the Agentry.ini file .

The following files were present in the folder

Java

ClientText.ini

ConnectTest.bat

encryptPW.exe

ImagePrecedence.ini

ini4j.jar

JavaBE.ini

librfc32.dll

SAPCRM-4.1.0.0.zip

sapjco3.dll

sapjco3.jar

sapjcorfc.dll

Screensets.ini

stylePrecedence.ini

TransmitConfiurations.ini

Please share the Agentry.ini file for SMP 3.0, I am afraid If I use the Agentry.ini file of SM 2.3 it may create some config differences. Please advise

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

As suggested I tried to search the product documentation for deploying the Service Manager application in SMP 3.0 . but I could not find the document anywhere.

Could you or anyone please share the link where the document is present in SAP forum/market place I shall download from there.

Also I followed the steps you mentioned to deploy the application.

1. I login to the management cockpit and created the application. This is the very first step but I got stuck here. When I tried to save the application it started giving me the error.

The detailed error message is

The details error message is

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 08:27:43 UTC

Line: 334
Char: 9
Code: 0
URI: https://csajdsyclo.eu.carrier.utc.com:8083/Admin/

Most probably it is related to IE .

Please advise me how to solve this information . Is there any specific version which supports the SAP management cockpit.

Also please share the link where I can find the document to deploy the service manager 4.1 application in SMP 3.0.

Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

Issue your having seems to be more of browser related . I'm using IE 9.0 and didn't encounter any issues. Alternatively try using google chrome and check what happens.

For the latest version of the installation guide and documentation, Cheek the SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Service Manager.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2014/07/15/sap-crm-service-manager-41

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Manju - SAP CEG

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks a lot. I upgraded the IE version to 9 and I am able to upload the application .

However when I am trying to connect my client to server its giving me error

Communication error (14)

Steps I did so far :

1. Installed and configured Service Manager 4.1 on SMP 3.0 ( I have not yet done the SSO , SSL JAAS configuration , Is this mandatory ? )

2. In the SAP Management cockpit, I configured the application .

3. In the Application settings I uploaded the Zip file (named as SMDeployment)  which contains

4.  Then I restarted the SMP Server

5. I have installed the Client  CRMSMWPF401_80000153.EXE for windows8

When I logged in the client it first gives me the login for demo user , when I exit the demo it asked for the user id and password , will it ask this always ?

6. I logged in the client with the user id and password . in the server section I gave the FQDN as we use to give during SMP 2.3 . which gave me error (14) and hence I am trying to find the solution

Is this the correct way to do ? I have seen forum posts where people are using URL but I cannot see any subURL link in Agentry logs . is it because I have not done the SSO , SSL and JAAS configurations ?

Also I got a link in SAP help which talks about the management cockpit ,  but it does not tells what should be done when connecting a client to server for the first time..

Also I have downloaded all the documents in the installation / upgrade section but there is no document which tell these primary steps for client - server communication and the mandatory steps which needs to be done in the SAP management cockpit

Please advise and also thank a lot for the continuous support and guidance

Thanks and Regards
Neha Mahanty

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

1) You might be getting communication error(14) because  SMP certificate may not  be installed. Please install certificate before connecting client to server.  Go to Server-Configuration folder and double click on smp_cert.cer file to install certificate under trusted root directory.

2) There is no SSO or JAAS configuration required once Agentry application is deployed . Set authenciation to default.

3)  May be your using demo client. Please reset demo client before using it.  once client is reset it will ask for user id /pwd along with server URL to connect.

4)  Application Sub-URL can be found in Agentry / start-up log file. 

5) Test your application from browser by entering https:<hostname>:8081/<applicationname> you  should get response as "I am here".

6) check logs under Agentry folder for any issues related to   Agentry application start-up.

Hope this  helps.

Thanks

Manju.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the help. We have installed the Certificate as suggested but I am still getting the same communication error (14) while connecting client to server. Also as I have told I am not getting a sub URL section in the Agentry logs . I guess my Agentry settings are not correct .

My Agentry.ini

[Configuration]

developmentServer=False

[HTTPXML-2]

authenticationCertificateStore=MY

authenticationCertificateStorePassword=

authenticationCertificateStorePasswordEncoded=false

autoDequote=true

baseURL=https://<<My System  Name>>:8081 (The system name is FQDN , same as that of the certificate installed, I have modified this section)

basicAuthenticationPassword=

basicAuthenticationPasswordEncoded=false

basicAuthenticationUserID=

constantsFile=httpxml_sd.ini

enableAuthentication=false

enablePreviousUserAuthentication=false

httpConnectTimeout=60

httpReceiveTimeout=300

httpResolveTimeout=60

httpSendTimeout=300

listenOn=8081 ( Modified this section from 8282 to 8081)

name=HTTP-XML Back End

timeZoneName=

timeout=300

useSSL=false

xmlAllowXSLTScript=true

xmlNamespaces=

xmlResolveExternals=true

xmlValidateOnParse=true

[Java-1]

classPath=./ini4j.jar;./sapjco3.jar;./Java/Agentry-v5.jar;./Java;./Java/SAPCRMSM-4.1.0.0.jar;

constantsFile=

deleteSource=True

enableAuthentication=True

enablePreviousUserAuthentication=True

initialHeapSize=256

maxHeapSize=512

name=Java Back End

nonStandardJavaOptions=

outputDirectory=.

performCompile=False

printBusinessLogicStackTrace=False

printStackTrace=False

reduceOSSignalUse=True

scriptsPath=

serverClass=com/syclo/sap/crm/Server

sourceDirectory=.

[System Connections]

1=ag3javabe.dll

2=ag3httpxmlbe.dll

2. Zip Folder (SM401.zip) is deployed in the SAP management cockpit

3. After completing the process, I tried to check the URL I gave in the agentry.ini . https://<<My System  Name>>:8081/SM401

This gave me page not found error.

4. When checked in start up logs I did not find any Sub URL

13:16:26 07/22/2014: Starting Agentry (64-bit Windows)

13:16:26 07/22/2014: Reading system ini file.

13:16:26 07/22/2014: Starting log file.

13:16:26 07/22/2014: Loading message groups.

13:16:26 07/22/2014: Starting threads.

13:16:26 07/22/2014:    1 initial threads.  Threads will auto-scale.

13:16:26 07/22/2014: Event: 0, 2, Loading the Agentry Runtime's public/private key for password exchanges.

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Event: 0, 2, Key pair loaded successfully.

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Starting Agentry: Agentry Server Agent v7.0.3.205

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Event: 0, 2, Agentry Startup

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Loading 0 front ends

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Loading front end from angelvine

13:16:27 07/22/2014: WebSockets Front End: loading configuration

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Event: 17, 14, WebSockets Front End v7.0.3.205

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Starting Agentry Server Agent

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Agentry Server Agent: Starting threads.

13:16:27 07/22/2014:    1 initial threads.  Threads will auto-scale.

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Agentry Server Agent: Adding messages.

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Event: 1, 4, Agentry Server Agent v7.0.3.205

13:16:27 07/22/2014: Loading agent from ag3.dll

13:16:28 07/22/2014: Starting Server

13:16:28 07/22/2014: Event: 20, 4, Server v7.0.3.205

13:16:28 07/22/2014: Starting front ends

13:16:28 07/22/2014: Event: 17, 10, WebSockets Front End v7.0.3.205

13:16:28 07/22/2014: Event: 0, 0, Old log files moved into D:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\log\agentry\rolled\2014-07-22-131626

13:16:28 07/22/2014: Event: 0, 23, Agentry startup is complete.

Please let me know what is missing.

Please note that I have not configured the security features in SM 4.1 configuration . rest everything is followed using the Installation guide.

Please advise . I am stuck here

P.S - The application is the standard SM4.1 application hence I have not published it using the Agentry Editor.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

By looking at start-up log looks like Agentry application that you created is not loaded.  not sure why ?     Can you  go to Server folder and check if folder with application name is created ?  if so  do you see all contents of zipped filed that you  deployed.

Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.Applicationname

There is no need to deploy it from editor if your running in production mode.  Did you install  your SMP server in Production  or development mode ?

if nothing  works try to  create new application and deploy SM 4.1 once again.  It is hard to tell what is going wrong with your  application deployment.

Thanks,

Manju.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I believe the path will be Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application since she is using SMP 3 SP03.

--Bill

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju, Bill

Thanks for all the information . I checked as suggested , there was no folder created with the Application Name.

I will again try to brief the steps .

1. After SMP 3.0 I followed the SAP CRM Service Manager Installation guide, - Point 3 . where I deployed the SM application using SAPServiceMgr410Deployment.exe.

2. After this step there was a folder created in the server directory

3 I updated the Agentry .ini file Base URL and then Zipped this entire folder . I renamed this folder as SM401.zip

4. In the SAP Management cockpit I configured the application as

id : com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application

Name : SAPSM

5. I saved this and then in the Application settings I uploaded the zip folder .

After this when I checked the server . there was no folder created with application name as I expected it to be  - com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.SAPSM

Also when I click the id in the SAP management cockpit , it popups the details, where the Application URL is empty. . Also I get a popup to save the application . Not sure how to save this.

Please let me know where am I going wrong.

Thanks

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

A folder with the Application Name (from the Admin console) will happen until SP04 when muilti app support happens.  The Configuration files in SP03 and before will be in Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have reinstall the Service Manager 4.1 application.

Now I have a folder structure with the Application and the required config files , jar files, dll files

Please suggest how to proceed.

Thanks

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

I see you have already tried a lot of things and now did a fresh installation to get this going. I hope this works for you. Please note, I've just done the installation yet and is waiting for the back end components to be installed to verify my installation and proceed with the connecting client to the server.

Well for you, after installing the SM application, I believe you have the path "configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application" under Server. Please note you wont find any Agentry.ini file in there and will have to get it from the <applicationname>-<version> zip file that gets generated once you run the deployment exe. You can extract the above zip file somewhere outside the server directories. Copy the Agentry.ini file and place it under "com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application" folder. So your application now has the Agentry.ini file.

The Agentry.ini file from the extracted location of the zip file can be imported into eclipse and then publish in the same location. This will generate your development version of the application & the required Development folder with all required files. Create an "Application" folder under "com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application". You will then need to copy the entire Development folder under the above Application folder. So now you have the entire application along with the javabe & agentry ini files. Zip the contents of the folder "com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application" and then publish the application in SMP via app specific settings for your application that you would have created in the management cockpit. The content of the zip should look like the one in my thread. Please refer that.

That's what I've done till now. Make sure your back end add-on components are in place. Regarding the communication error, there could be various reasons. You can check the events.log file under Agentry for any relevant messages and post here for all to help you.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,

Gourav

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you so much for this detailed information.

As you suggested I extracted my agentry.ni file and placed in side the folder com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application. My folder structure is now similar to yours.

As this was the standard SM 4.1 application which we are trying  to deploy , The Application folder contains the production version of the application. We are trying to test the standard app and then we would make the enhancements.

In this case also do I need to import the ini file and then publish it again ?

Also this is my Agentry.ini file.

The URL which we are talking about - https://<<server>>:8081/<<AppName>> are we updating this anywhere in the Agentry.ini file ?

I see  a Base URL in the Agentry.ini and also a URL parameter in the App Setting in SAP management cockpit. Do I need to modify the URL anywhere , so that after the deployment I can test the URL ? Because I am not getting any SUB - URL - <<AppName>> in the Agentry logs.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Sub Url is later in the Startup.log file.

If there is no application loaded then it not start the URL, and from the screenshot I don't see an application, but I don't see the full log file so I can't say for sure.

Stephen.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yes you are right the Application is not getting loaded .

Every configuration as suggested are in place but still something is missing. Please advise

Thanks

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neda,

Because there has been a lot of issues on the way, I would recommending starting over (deleting the application) with the deploy of the application and follow the install guide.

Note you may need to turn off the SMP server to delete the Java files before you can delete the application.

High level:

1) Create a new Agentry Application in the SMP Server

2) Use the application install and point to folder:

Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application

3) Deploy the zip file SAPCRMSM-4.1.0.0.zip file to the SMP server

4) Check your startup.log file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

As mentioned earlier, once you have imported Agentry.ini file & performed a publish, it will generate the development folder for you. No need to perform any re-import again. After testing the standard app, you can perform any changes you want to the app you imported from the above ini file.

Also you do not need to update the URL in the Agentry.ini file.

Regarding the sub url, I think it will be the same as the application name in Eclipse once you have performed the import of the Agentry.ini file. Its my understanding but someone can confirm this.

Once your set up is complete, you will be able to run the above URL you mentioned and it should say I'm here.

Check for any error in the log files you may be getting. Also make sure you have the required add on components installed in the back end as that will provide you with the required application which the javabe.ini will look for in order to connect. You can find that in the Agentry config panel.

Regards,

Gourav

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks , I imported the application and then performed the publish which created the required development files and even generated the URL.

I was trying to deploy the production code which we get after we install Service Manager . Assuming it was ready to deploy but it did not worked for me.

I even generated the production version which created an additional ini file in the production folder. Then when I started the server it loaded the application and  generated the URL .

Right now I am just facing some login credential issues which can be solved but now I understand the procedure and my issue is solved too.

Thanks everyone for helping me, I shall create another post with all the steps I did so that it would be helpful for everyone who are like me and just started exploring SMP 3.0.

Thanks again.

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

Good to hear everything is working,  Please mark one answer as correct to close the thread so help other people later on.

Stephen.

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Neha.

I found your thread and I'm facing very similar issues. I wonder if you got everything resolved and did you have the chance to create that separate post you said with all the steps.

My issue is that I installed SMP 3.0 and Work Manager (Customer Service actually) but connecttest.bat raise an exception and the url http://<smpserver>:8080/SAPWM_CustServ shows only an empty page.

I installed SMP as a development server. Maybe that has something to do with it. I cannot find agentry.ini file. After reading your thread I would try to take the agentry.ini file from the zip and place it on folder com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application. Then import the application from Eclipse and publish it through there.

I opened a thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3640734. If you have something to add it will be greatly appreciatted.

Thank you,

Leonardo.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

After installing the Service Manager application you will need to deploy the production files contained in the file SAPCRM-4.1.0.0.zip through the SMP 3.0 Management Cockpit.  This zip file contains the Agentry.ini along with the production definitions.  Please try deploying that file and then restart your server.  You should then be able ready to confirm the connection to the SMP 3.0 server through the browser and try from a client to connect.

Please note if you are using a Development install of SMP3.0 you will need to import the application from the production definitions and publish out to the server before testing.

--Bill

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for the valuable suggestions. It always helps.

As suggested I have installed the Agentry 7.x editor . I also checked that the Agentry.ini file is present in the SAPCRM-4.1.0.0.zip folder.

So till now I have configured SMP 3.0 server Service Manager 4.1 application., Installed the editor .

Now my queries are

1. How to deploy the application in SMP 3.0

In SMP 2.3 we had certain steps which we follow to deploy the application-

Do we need to follow the same or there is certain change in the deployment step too? Basically the folder structure which we deploy in SMP should be same/similar ? Please guide

2. As there is no seperate Agentry Server folder , where is the Agentry development folder ? Do we need to deploy this seperately ? This is just becasue during development it becomes lot easier to work with the development server.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Deploying Agentry application on SMP 3.0 platform is little different than SMP 2.3 .

Please refer Service Manager product documentation for  deploying SM 4.1 application on SMP 3.0.

At very high level...

1) logon to SMP Management cockpit.
2) create Agentry  application for Service Manager and save it.
3) Select Agentry application ->go to App Specific settings tab ->Under publish option "upload your SM deployment zip file" and save the changes.

Once Agentry application is created under server->configuration folder you can see 2 folders.

1) com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry

2) com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application.ApplicationName

2nd folder is application specific and that's where all your application specfic definitions are stored.

I hope it clarifies  your questions.

Thanks

Manju

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks a lot , Its really very helpful for me.

I shall also download the document for deploying so that I do not miss anything.

Thank you very much

Neha

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is the issue your having with  SMP SM 4.1 ?  Are you not able to connect to SMP 3.0 server ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Angel is now wrapped in a HTTPS connection with WebSockets.  There is no configuration needed.  When you bring an Pre-7 application into the Agentry 7.x editor, it will update the transmit configurations.

2. Agentry Production logic on SMP 3.0 does not have an Agentry.ini file in the application folder as it has been moved into the SMP's Database.