cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP7 Upgrade and BW Upgrade at the same time - possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

we are currently planning to upgrade our ERP system from EHP 5 to 7 and BW from NetWeaver 7.3 EHP 1 to 7.4. NetWeaver and Kernel will also obtain an upgrade.

Is it possible to do the ERP and BW upgrades in one business downtime or are there any best practices which are recommended?

Regards,

Tobias Prein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Is it possible to do the ERP and BW upgrades in one business downtime

Technically it is possible. You can have 2 different set of basis team working on each of these upgrades.

AS per best practise

Upgrade has to be done first on a copy of Production system ( to identify potential issues which may appear on Production). This will be followed by dev, QAS and finally production.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible. last week i have upgraded our ECC from EHP5 to EHP7 SP4 and BW from 7.3SP5 yo 7.4SP6 parallely. In your case, as you have two different Basis sets you can plan upgrade parallel.

Regards,

Anil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Two MOPZ transactions not required. generate a MOPZ transaction for EHP7 it will include all the installed Add-ons and SP components. you will get an idea of target versions of all installed components once you create stack.xml file. In my case, SAP_HR is updated to 604-72 along with EHP upgrade.

keep an eye on PAM also in terms of OS and DB versions required.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

We also want to upgrade SAP_HR to 77 within the same downtime. Should the HR-SP upgrade be done before the EHP7 or is there an option to tell the MOPZ "Include HR-SP 77 in this maintenance transaction"?

I think we should do two maintenance transactions. One for the HR-SP upgrade and another for the EHP 7 upgrade. Am i corrent? Which upgrade should be done at first?

Regards,

Tobias

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Both are two different systems. You need to upgrade both of the separately. Yes you can start the upgrade of both the systems at the same time.

You can get the SAP_HR components updated along with the EHP update. I believe you need to make us of the "Add HR Packages" or the "HCM" under Technical Usages.

RB