cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Proxy Connection for sharepoint-webservice endpoint in SMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I want to consume share-point services(soap based) through SMP. for that i am creating HTTP Proxy Connection for sharepoint web service endpoint in

SMP. i have done with creation of proxy connection without any error but while testing (on REST_CLIENT add-ons) it showing following error :

Status Code: 400 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <error ><message xml:lang="en">Error occurred while connecting to the Gatewaynull</message> </error>

Can anyone help me....

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Has your question answered?

If yes, please close this thread.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is there any method for giving endpoint of sharepoint WS(.asmx) in SMP 2.3 directly or indirectly??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am using SMP 2.3. cant i direct give endpoint as soap-service

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure on support of proxy for SOAP service. I haven't find an example with SOAP as end point. Also didn't find any information on supported list of services for proxy end point. All the example are on Odata.

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

CC:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you connecting over HTTPS or HTTP?  Is the SharePoint machine reachable from the SUP server?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andrew,

I am connecting over HTTP. and How to check if sharepoint machine is reachable or not?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can telnet it from sup machine.

telnet sharepointmachineip port

Refer this.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andrew,

The share point machine is reachable from sup server, So what can be the reason of error?

and is it possible to give end-point of sharepoint web service (ie .asmx) while creating http proxy connection??

Regards,

SupriyaD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your server running SUP 2.3 SP04? 

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andrew,

Our server is running SMP version is 2.3 SP3.

Typing "telnet soapserviceip port" in cmd prompt on SUP opens up a window named "Telnet soapserviceip"

Regards,

SupriyaD

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to be running SUP 2.3 SP04 on the server for the Proxy Connection to proxy arbitrary web content (not just OData sources).

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andrew,

We have upgraded our sever and now running SUP 2.3 SP04 on the server. But still its giving same error (ie. 400 Error occurred while connecting to the Gatewaynull).

Regards,

SupriyaD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share a screenshot of your Proxy Connection configuration.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii Andrew,

Here are screenshots of proxy connection configuration,

security configuration:

Application creation:

connection white listing :

Error message in Rest Client:

Regards,

SupriyaD

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surpriya,

Can you share more information?

Which SMP platform you are working on ?e.g. SMP 3.0

If yes, then you have to convert that web service into OData using Integration gateway GWPA.

For more details follow: convert SOAP WS into OData service

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i want to convert sharepoint service in soap service for SMP 2.3. Should i follow same blog or other process is required.

Please some one help.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
i want to convert sharepoint service in soap service for SMP 2.3. Should i follow same blog or other process is required.

Integration gateway concept is applicable in case of SMP 3.0 only. Procedure given in that blog wont work.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SMP 3 is based on Odata if you want to use SOAP service you need to create Odata service using Integration gateway. Follow this blog to create Odata from SOAP: