cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with datatype in UI5 Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to create a UI5 Task for a BPM process. When I try to access the InputData of the task via:

http://bpm:50000/bpmodata/taskdata.svc/taskid/InputData('taskid')?$expand=MyDataType&$format=json

I am getting this error:

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: com.sap.bpm.odata.exception.ConversionException: Data types with open content are not supported for Task Data. Illegal data type: DataTypeWrapper

at com.sap.bpm.odata.TaskDataEdmProvider.<init>(TaskDataEdmProvider.java:93)

at com.sap.bpm.odata.BPMODataServiceFactory.createService(BPMODataServiceFactory.java:50)

at com.sap.core.odata.core.rest.ODataSubLocator.handle(ODataSubLocator.java:122)

at com.sap.core.odata.core.rest.ODataSubLocator.handleGet(ODataSubLocator.java:35)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.performInvocation(AbstractInvoker.java:180)

at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:96)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:198)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:261)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:100)

What is an "open content"? I don't understand what is wrong with my data type.

Thanks and Regards,

Koray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what data type you are using now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the quick reply. I used a xsd:int as output format. That was the problem. I had to wrap it up in a data type of mine.

Thanks a lot and regards,

Koray

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koray, when interacting with UI5 for BPM, as far as possible, try using primitive datatype such as int,long,string,date,dateTime,decimal etc.

The oData service does not interact with BPM if complex datatypes are used such as SimpleType or DataTypeWrapper in your case.

When working with BPM for any UI technology, keep the datatypes as simple as possible.

Answers (0)