cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read .RUC (Rule File) ?

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was wondering how I can read or write .RUC (expert rule) file ? I was trying to open them with notepad but no luck. I was also wondering if i can have some help how to write the Rules (Expert Rule) any document will help. You help is appreciated.

Gargi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi gargi,

.ruc-files are compiled and cannot be read, sorry.

Ralph

0 Kudos

Hello C.B & Ralph,

Thank You very much for your response. I have customer request to create a rule to Read ECBP and update the Standard composition via looking to lower level ( CAS ) composition. I am not sure how this can be written. I have already .RUC file which does the exact function but not sure how i can read that and modify the exiting file or copy to write new rule. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Gargi

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gargi

as I have tried to explain to you: rule sets are prepared using the links as shown above. So you must have a rule set in place or you would not have a "ruc" file. So why not use the rule set and "copy" it and adapt it?

I am sorry to say that "rule sets" are discussed on very lowlevel in this FORUM. There are not many threads.

C.B.

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gargi,

As Christoph said: If you have a .ruc-file you must also have a rule set which you can modify at least somewhat. The creation of a standard composition from an ECbP is, in the standard, done by a rule set called Comp.

You cannot modify a ruc-file!

Best regards,

Ralph

0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

Thank You very much for your response. I do have file for Comp rule. Ruc and mdb file.

Currently the rule set which I have works on the ECBP(SAP_EHS_1012_001) and update the standard composition (SAP_EHS_1012_003 based on entry in ECBP. I need to modify the rule to update Exact composition based on starting material (SAP_EHS_1012_002)

I have tried changing the .mdb file but no success. I have replaced VT  SAP_EHS_1012_003 with SAP_EHS_1012_002 in mdb file but does not seem to be working still updates the standard composition.

any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Gargi

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gargi,

If you want to use the 1012_002 then change in the mdb in table ExpGroupMap in the line for the internal_id COMP_STANDARD the external_id from SAP_EHS_1012_003 to SAP_EHS_1012_002. Now you read the ECbP and you write into the exact composition based on starting materials.

Ralph

0 Kudos

Hello Ralph/CB,

Thank You very much for your help. Your help is much appreciated. I still would like to know if possible that how the .RUC file is created and what application allow them to read ? I have explored the rule editor but that created .rul file not ,ruc.

Gargi D

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gargi,

once again: You cannot read .ruc-files. They are created by those guys who create standard rule sets. After creatin, these files are compiled, making ruc-files; but again, they are not readable. It's like trying to get the source code for Windows: There is just no way.

Ralph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gargi

please refer to SAP Online help. e.g.

Using the Rule Editor - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

and/or

Set of Rules - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

as part of this "main" chapter:

EH&S Expert - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

As well this link might be a good idea to check: consolut - ESEEXPRULEFILE - File Path of EH&S Expert Set of Rules File

Shortly: Rules are edited / prepared with the tools as described in the online help. In online help as well it is described shortly how you can generate "simple" rules.

It is not easy for a beginner in EHS to start with EHS rule sets. A "better" approach is to learn from "rules" which are delivered by several companies as part of therr EHS content

C.B.

PS: topic or "EHS rules" is discussed in this FORUM to a certain extent on "low" level. Some links are mentioned here: