cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sorting in Master Data Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, guys!

I have End Routine in Transformation between InfoCube and Info Objects' Master Data (Texts to be exact).

This routine sorts data in Result_Package Descending, as I need.

But when I run DTP and look at the data it always is sorted ascending, despite what happens in routine.

Do you guys know why it happens and How can I impact on sorting of data in Master Data tables?

Thank you in advance,

Nik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Like Matthew mentioned, you can sort the data in master data by sorting thedata in your end routine code. If you want to view the records in descending sort order, you can just use the sorting buttons available in the display output page for that. If you want the output in descending order in your report, you can put the sort functionality at the bex query level.

May I know your requirement here, why and where you want to display the sorted data?

Regards,

Rathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rathy!

I have very special situation. I have a list of dates in Char format (like - 05-20-2014) and I need to get them sorted from the most recent descending in my WEBI report's Prompt.

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have an underlying universe for this webi report, there should be a way to do this at unvierse level. You will need explore more in that direction

hope it helps

Regards,

Rathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all I dont have a Universe, I use BEX Query under my report.

And there is no way to setup things like that. That is why I'm looking for a workaround in BW.

thanks,

Nik

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think your sorting on result_package not on master data tables. if yes then how you can compare the  master data tables and results of your code.

You need to check result package values before loading and then compare after the executing of your code. that may give idea.

Thanks.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no concept of a sort order in master data. Sorting data in transformations has not effect at all on the way the data is stored.

How are you viewing the data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking in a table which is automatically created for Texts.

So, we do not have a control over data in master data tables?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot control the way data is stored in any database table on a SAP system. You can only sort the data within applications - BEX or in an ABAP routine or whatever.