cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the Bill of substance maintained in property tree?

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Where does the Bill of substance maintained in property tree? My understanding is it shows in section 2 in MSDS under composition tab. Please correct or confirm my understanding.

Devdatt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BOS Normally refers to "Exact Composition Based on Product (SAP_EHS_1012_001)".

The MSDS "normally" shows on of these:

SAP_EHS_1012_003 - STANDARD COMPOSITION

SAP_EHS_1012_004 - HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS

SAP_EHS_1012_005 - HAZARD-INDUCING COMPONENTS

In section 2 / 3.

And others in the other sections of the MSDS for example:

SAP_EHS_1012_006    EN    COMPONENTS WITH OCCUPAT. EXPOSURE LIMITS

Check the MSDS Property Tree for Section 2 / 3.

To know exactly which one is used you would need to check the WWI Template, or figure it out by maintaining data.

Regards

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have used the method you suggested of using VT ECBP and it worked! special thanks to Christoph.

Now the user is asking as I have extracted bill of substance is it possible to extract all the properties per specification for almost 2400 products. I do not think it so. Just wanted expert's opinion.

Devdatt

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Devdatt

there are by standard two options available. Both have their pros and cons:

a.) Standard EHS Export => a process which is not user friendly and without specific access rights can not be used

b.) There are two other output variant available which you could check if they fulfill the needs of the users etc.:

Check e.g. Displaying Properties - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

as well as:

Displaying Specification Data - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Regarding the first one: you can only download at max 50 properties in one run; regarding the second one: I am using this rarely but it is the most flexible one; not sure if the DG properties are supported. In any case: try it.

If neither a.) nor b.) are the right solution: just create your onw ABAP code and prepare a suitable output variant on your own. You can use the "full blown SAP scenario" here (a.g. ALV like output variants etc.) ; you need to "only" learn from ABApcode of the standard output variant so that you are able to create your own one. This approach is quite standard and used very often

Keep in mind. if you use STANDARD property tree and you have a lot of properties/data to be read performance is in most cases "bad"

C.B.

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,Gopi,

Thanks for excellent comments.In our system, In SAP_EHS_1012_001, there is no data maintained. We have data in standard composition but not much in exact compositions. Is there any table for BOS from where we can pull the data.

Devdatt

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devdatt,

There is no other place in EH&S that would hold that kind of information besides the mentioned compositions!

If you have the standard comp. maintained - why not use this one for the MSDS?

You could try and set up BOM-BOS Interface to create the BOS / SAP_EHS_1012_001 based on the BOM (Bill of Material). However this is not done in a couple of days....

What do you try to actually achieve?

Regards

Mark

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Client wants Bill of substance for some 2000 materials in one excel sheet as extract. Hence need this information.

Devdatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devdatt,

What is your date model - Do you use BOM- BOS to create specification - BOS is Replica of BOM Instead material it uses  specification- than Standard Composition is filled via running the rules or manually with the detail of CAS level ( List_Sub or Pure_sub)

If customer is looking only what Specification is used than you may want to extract VT ECBP if not than you may want to extract VT Standard Composition (Drill down to CAS level)  or you can extract both. This can be done in CG02 or write simple Query.

Hope this helps.

Gopi Dadheech

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deavdatt

please check standard options delivered by SAP and described here:

Displaying Compositions and Ingredients - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

So therefore just use output variant COMPONENT

Topic is discussed as well to a certain extent here:

Check the links in this document.

C.B.

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph,

It is very helpful!

Devdatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devdatt,

The Bill of Substance represent composition of product and purely configured to show which Value assignment should represent. I am not sure what method you use to create BOS if this this could be BOM-BOS transfer than it depended on configuration of system. Normally this is part Value Assignment - Exact Composition Based on Product (SAP_EHS_1012_001) under composition node.

composition Section varies under different regulation this may be section 3 under GHS.

Hope this helps.

Gopi Dadheech