cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing value to web dynpro in WDYID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am using tcode method using WDYID to call webdynpro application in GUI. I need to pass 1 value to webdynpro and couldn't find how to pass in tcode method.

Please share if there is any way to pass variable using tcode method. I am avoiding shared memory because of multiple servers on production system.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use FM WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE and pass the parameter to the exporting param 'Parameters'

ls_parameter-name = 'CARRID'.

ls_parameter-value = 'AA'.

APPEND ls_parameter to lt_parameters.

now pass this lt_parameters to the exporting parameter 'Parameters' of FM WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran,

Your solution is working.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

What kind of variable you want to pass into the application. Is it a system variable or any other variable.

If it is any fixed value, you can pass it in the parameters tab of application and same can accessed in Handledefault method of the default window.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I want to pass material number. In WDYID, only 4 parameters are there

APPLICATION

HTTPS

STARTMODE

WDCONFIGURATIONID

Where can i pass data while calling the application

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot pass the application parameters when creating Tcode for WDA application. Create a report and use FM WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE and pass the parameters to that as mentioned below post.

Regards,

Kiran

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

We cannot pass any application parameters through WDYID. Instead you use use FM WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE  as said by Kiran to launch , with passing parameters.

Regards,

Harsha