cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while consuming ByD web service from VB.NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am integrating our website with ByD, as part of initial integration test I have a piece of code below that tries to get Product information by internal ID. I am new to SAP ByD, we have a ByD plugin "E-commerce Web Shop Integration" already setup and all the WSDL from plugin are referenced in a VB.NET web application. The web service 'QueryServiceProductIn' is referenced under the name space 'SAPByDesignProductService' in the web application. But the code is not returning any service products, can someone please guide me on what I am doing wrong? Any other example in VB.NET will be appreciated.

Dim product As New SAPByDesignProductService.QueryServiceProductInClient

product.ClientCredentials.UserName.UserName = "XXXXXXX"

product.ClientCredentials.UserName.Password = "XXXXXXXX"

product.Open()

Dim productMS As New SAPByDesignProductService.ServiceProductByElementsQueryMessage_sync

productMS.ServiceProductSelectionByElements = New SAPByDesignProductService.ServiceProductByElementsQuerySelectionByElements

Dim arrProductSelectionById(1) As SAPByDesignProductService.ServiceProductByElementsQuerySelectionByInternalID

arrProductSelectionById(0) = New SAPByDesignProductService.ServiceProductByElementsQuerySelectionByInternalID

arrProductSelectionById(0).InclusionExclusionCode = "I"

arrProductSelectionById(0).IntervalBoundaryTypeCode = "1"

arrProductSelectionById(0).LowerBoundaryInternalID.Value = "xyz"

productMS.ServiceProductSelectionByElements.SelectionByInternalID = arrProductSelectionById

productMS.ProcessingConditions = New SAPByDesignProductService.QueryProcessingConditions

productMS.ProcessingConditions.QueryHitsMaximumNumberValueSpecified = False

productMS.ProcessingConditions.QueryHitsUnlimitedIndicator = True

Dim response As New SAPByDesignProductService.ServiceProductByElementsResponseMessage_sync

response = product.FindByElements(productMS)

If Not IsNothing(response.ServiceProduct) Then

For Each item In response.ServiceProduct

Trace.Write("InternalId", item.InternalID.ToString)

Trace.Write("Name", item.Description.ToString)

Next

Else

Trace.Write("Not Found")

End If

product.Close()

Regards,

Ajitpal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajitpal,

Start by using very broad filters to ensure that you aren't accidentally filtering information out.

Try changing the LowerBoundaryInternalID to "*" (wildcard) and see if any results are returned. If so, then you'll know it has something to do with your filter values.

Also check your Business Communication Monitoring in the ByDesign application to ensure your messages are being received successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the pointers. I have tried changing the LowerBoundaryInternalID to "*" but the result is same. I am not able to see any log of my request on Business Communications Monitoring. I recon the problem lies in the way I assign value to LowerBoundaryInternalID. I have tried it a few different ways but none work:

1 - LowerBoundaryInternalID.Value = "*"

2 - LowerBoundaryInternalID.Value.Equals("*")

3 - dim pid As SAPService.ProductInternalID

pid = NEW SAPServoce.ProductInternalID

pid.value = "*"

LowerBoundaryInternalID = pid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajitpal,

What authentication are you using for the request? If it's username/password, are you using a technical user (from a "Communication System") or a business user? If it's a business user, does the business user have access to the "Product Data" Work Center or "Product and Services Porfolio" Work Center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a technical user for authentication. The user also has a preferred Application Pool of Web Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly is the Response that you get from SAP?

If you need help reading the Actual XML that is being exchanged I recommend using Fiddler to capture the XML...(I have had some issues with the .net Proxy generator sometimes not creating accurate code for use with the SAP Webservices). and it is easier to troubleshoot if you know the exact XML being exchanged.

Are you using a Standard Communication Agreement or Have you created you own?

"Business Communication Log" Will only show Success/Failure) message for certain transactions like 3PL or a few others... However they will show invalid logins under "Rejected Web Service Calls" as well as errors in the following format..

.Web service processing error; more details in the web service error log on provider side (UTC timestamp 20140709193523; Transaction ID 00163E06A20D1EE481F4056D9676094D)

If you are getting a response from SAP that is "Valid" just with no results you will not see anything in the communication logs.

You can also try the leave the the lower product as blank.

here is an example used to read a Material  in vb.net  (very Similar)

Public Shared Function ReadMaterial(oconnection As Connection, MaterialID As String) As QUERYMATERIALIN.MaterialByElementsResponseMessage_sync

Dim oQProd As New QUERYMATERIALIN.binding

oQProd.Credentials = oconnection.CREDS

Dim oreadsync As New QUERYMATERIALIN.MaterialByElementsQueryMessage_sync

oreadsync.MaterialSelectionByElements = New QUERYMATERIALIN.MaterialByElementsQuerySelectionByElements

Dim MAterial = New QUERYMATERIALIN.MaterialByElementsQuerySelectionByInternalID

Dim MAterialList = New List(Of QUERYMATERIALIN.MaterialByElementsQuerySelectionByInternalID)

MAterial.LowerBoundaryInternalID = New QUERYMATERIALIN.ProductInternalID

MAterial.LowerBoundaryInternalID.Value = MaterialID

MAterial.IntervalBoundaryTypeCode = 1

MAterial.InclusionExclusionCode = "I"

MAterialList.Add(MAterial)

oreadsync.MaterialSelectionByElements.SelectionByInternalID = MAterialList.ToArray

oreadsync.ProcessingConditions = New QUERYMATERIALIN.QueryProcessingConditions

oreadsync.ProcessingConditions.QueryHitsUnlimitedIndicator = True

Dim ores = oQProd.FindByElements(oreadsync)

Return ores

End Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks William,

Your guidance worked wonders! I started of with testing response via SOAP UI and realised the response was returning 0 products and hence I was not seeing any response on my code. Then I tried Materials query and it returned the expected result.

At least now I know that I am on the right track. Next step is to figure out why am I not able to get any products but Materials is returning everything I required from the product anyway.

Answers (0)