Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ascending Order of Objects at universe Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies.

I am working on BO 3.1 Designer SP5.

I have one Period (Month Year) object at universe level and I have arranged the order of object as Descending by editing the properties of the object.

and when I use this object in the Query Filter section and making it as a Mandatory prompt, the values are loading in a different way rather than descending order.

Please help me on this......

thanks in Advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,,

Thanks for your suggestions..

I got the answer for my problem

after arranging the ascending or descending order then we have to check the option "Export with Universe" and the option works fine....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try to make custom query in query property window of particular object by simple writing sql statement followed by order by clause.

And dont forget to check the button do not generate sql before refresh.

Now click on refresh and view your LOVs on report. It's sorted.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to sort the LOV’s, use the  LOV’s based on custom SQL option.

Please find the below sample code.

Sample Code

• SELECT DISTINCT FIELD
    • FROM
    • TABLE
    • ORDER BY 1

And find the below link for more info.

http://scn.sap.com/community/semantic-layer/blog/2014/06/11/how-to-sort-the-list-of-values-in-the-pr...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the screen shot of the setting the order. If you have already done that delete the lov file or restore default and do it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have tried with this way only and I tried with deleting and restoring the LOV'S but still my issue did not resolved.

The field I am trying to do is obtained from derived table..and the object is Period..

Ex....

Apr 2014

Apr 2012

Apr 2013

The above are the sample values of my field, and I tried to use this object in Query Filter and I want to see the values as ....

Apr 2014

Apr 2013

Apr 2012

Thanks IN Advance............