cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM.How to Implement ddic Value Help in BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day!

Can you help me? I need to bind ddic search help to input field in bsp application. For it I  created enhancement of component AIC_INCIDENT_H and generated v_getter method for context attribute. Inside I wrote the code:

DATA: ls_mapTYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping,
    lt_inmap  TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping_tab,
    lt_outmap TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping_tab.

ls_map-context_attr = 'EXT.ZZ_SCEN'.

ls_map-f4_attr = 'ZZ_SCEN'.

APPEND ls_map TO: lt_inmap, lt_outmap.

CREATE OBJECT rv_valuehelp_descriptor TYPE cl_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr

EXPORTING
  iv_help_id  =  'ZBC_IM_SCEN_TEST_SEARCH'
  iv_help_id_kind   = if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>help_id_kind_comp"help_id_kind_name
  iv_input_mapping  = lt_inmap
  iv_output_mapping = lt_outmap
  iv_trigger_submit = abap_true.

In technical information (F2) I see that component enhanced, but search help doesn't work... What I need to do else?

P.S. When I want to run this component from SAP on F8, I get dump (NULL reference). May be, problem in this.. I'm new to this topic. Please, help me,

Thanks beforehand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Irina.

If I understood you correctly you're talking about ZZ_SCEN field. But on the second screen (crm_ui.jpg) of yours this field is a dropdown. So probably you have GET_P method for this field which says that this is a picklist. Remove this GET_P method or coding in it and you'll see your value help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Andrei

At first I thought about the same. But I didn't generate p_getter method (as you can see, the icon near that is grey)...

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is not there then I'd suggest to create this get_p method and define field type as input field there.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone who answered me!

The problem solved. The field had check table ( window More information field ). When I delete it, search-help appeared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In debugger after workout my code, I saw in method CL_CHTMLB_CONFIG_UTILITY->CREATE_UI_ELEMENT  in string:

" 4. Determine Value Help

* ### call v-getter for input fields and picklists and radiobuttons in forms
    case LV_FIELD_TYPE.... that it has type =
CL_BSP_DLC_VIEW_DESCRIPTOR=>FIELD_TYPE_PICKLIST.

Where can I specify the field type, and what kind of type needs for field with search-help?

When I tried just to do type = 'I'  (input field). picklist disappeared but search help didn't get.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dump as u said was when u tried using F8. There maybe a reference to some instance which is not present when u execute that component alone. So i guess that is not an issue.

I would suggest put a break point in the v_getter and see if it is been triggered and also check the flow of values to it.

Also, are u getting the box icon showing that value help is available for the particular field in the UI ?

-

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh... really sorry . Did not take an attention that the component run with F8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't you see strange that dump refers to DO_PREPARE_OUTPUT method? Please, use debug and come back with more information.

former_member210661
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lrina Lim.

I think the problem was when your passing input and output mapping parameters.

in your case your passing both the input and output parameters in ZZ_SCEN.

tel me one thing  is zz_scen is existed in your custom search help.

i will give you small example..

here struct.EXT_LOCNO is my webui field name and 'WERKS and NAME are search help fields.

in that WERKS is exporting parameter and i want description in my field so i provide input parameter as NAME.

see like this..

ls_map-context_attr = 'struct.EXT_LOCNO'. " Field from where F4 help was triggered and selection needs to come back

ls_map-f4_attr      = 'WERKS'. " Field in the search help

APPEND ls_map TO: lt_outmap.

ls_map-context_attr = 'struct.EXT_LOCNO'. " Field from where F4 help was triggered and selection needs to come back

ls_map-f4_attr      = 'NAME'. " Field in the search help

APPEND ls_map TO lt_inmap.

in the above example i am providing f4 help for werks and i need plant name so inmap im getting

name of the plant.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, Srinivas Karri.

ZZ_SCEN exist in search-help.