Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex table indexes not working in Ipad

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have set parent indexes for complex table drop down,when searching with these indexes in windows platform it is working fine but when the same application is checked in ipad with the same indexes,the search criteria is not returning the records even they exists in complex table.Data is not populating for some letters.Does it is the default behaviour or problem in setting the indexes.I have set cascade,table indexes,display field,return field.More beneficiary if any one can post the difference between cascade and table indexes.Please help me in this regard

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

What version of Agentry client are you using for iPad?  What field types are you using on your screen for the CT?  CT Dropdown or CT Search?  I would recommend CT Search on smart devices (iPad) and CT Dropdown on Windows (With the 'always open with search' option used on the CT settings tab).  Trying to use the CT Dropdown with search option on tablets is very buggy depending on your version.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. Iam using Agentry platform 6.1 in Ipad with complex table drop down as edit type in detail screen

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the index you are using has a Parent then you need to make set the parent field on the complex table drop down tab to the field that is holding the parent value.

Can you give screenshots of the indexes of the complex table and also the a screen shot of the field settings for review?

Stephen

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

When searching with "ShortTextByCatalog" index,even if entries are there in complex table the search is returning empty for some alphabets.Like when i search with 'A' even if entries are there,search is not returning them.This is happening only for few alphabets.

Please help.Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Don't use "Always open with search" on iPad.  Try changing the control type from "CT Dropdown" to "CT Search".

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.I have changed control type from "CT Dropdown" to "CT Search".It is working fine.

Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Can you post some screen shots of what you are seeing on your settings?

Stephen