cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find text in Notes area generated automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

The following screen shot is about ZS14 Activity, when creating this activity, text in Notes area is generated automatically. I can find text stored in one template called 'ZZS_ZS14_TEMPLATE' via t-code SO10, and can read this template using funtion module 'READ_TEXT', but where to find this part of coding to generate this text?

Kind Regards

Andie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As per the above explanation i understand that you need to know from where the text is being generated.

We can press F2  at the text area where we need a technical information. Then we will get a popup with complete technical details. Normally text will be generated in UI component GSTEXT. Please check the below screen shot for further details.

Technical Information:

The below screen the area in SAP.

Please let me know if need any more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvan,

But I cannot find where to get this text template, please see the below. No related information in the method GET_LINES or SET_LINES. And I also find attribute TEXT_AREA, and find the following coding in the method SET_TEXT_AREA, but I don't know where to find this property which might be used to identify template name.

• lv_textname = lr_current->get_property_as_string( iv_attr_name = 'TDNAME' ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andie,

Text can be defaulted on creation by access sequence in the text determination procedure of a transaction, it could be that your Activity text determination procedure has such an access sequence defaulting certain text.

You can have a look at this blog which details the process and find if similar enhancement is done in your system.

Hope this helps.

~Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Now I can find related customizing setting and function module Z_S_ZS14_NOTE_TEMPLATE as below, and I try to use where-used list button to find where to call this funciton module, but nothing found. Do you know where or how I can find this funciton module invoked in the coding?

Kind Regards

Andie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

This FM is added to the text determination procedure, The FM should contain just the code to read the standard text containing the note template which is defaulted.

I do not think where used list will show you the code, because there is no custom code to default the notes using this function module. Standard SAP, on creation of the activity will read the text determination procedure and then retrieve this FM Z_S_ZS14_NOTE_TEMPLATE and call it, the call will be a dynamic call (CALL FUNCTION <name which is a variable>) and hence the where used list will not return this place.

You can set a break-point in this FM Z_S_ZS14_NOTE_TEMPLATE, it will trigger when you create an activity and from the where used list you can see which standard code is triggering this FM.

Hope this helps.

~Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aunpam,

Now I know how this notes is generated from customizing based on what you said, does that mean I cannot create a new notes template for ZS14 and make it displayed only for two special product IDs? I try to create a new entry in customizing setting, but Access Sequence cannot set to be different from the original one. And all coding are standard so I cannot do change, do you think it is impossible to genterate another notes template only for special case within ZS14 activity?

Kind Regards

Andie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

So your requirement is to have different default text in ZS14 text type for different condition,The special product IDs you mention are in the header level? Can you pls explain some more on the special condition you have?

I am not sure if this can be done via only config. There are two options I can think of, I am not sure if they will work, but worth a try.

1. In the FM , used in the text determination procedure, which reads standard text, maybe you can put a condition and read different standard texts based on that condition. This FM gets triggered as soon as the activity is created, you can try to check if there is any way get the parameters of the condition you need.

2. Create a complete custom solution for this, you can take a look at creating a new event for your requirement, say for example AFTER_CREATE of ORDERADM_H and in that callback event write the code to default your note using CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN.

~Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I added some logics to FM Z_S_ZS14_NOTE_TEMPLATE, everything works well now. Thanks for your support!

Kind Regards

Andie

Answers (0)