Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Germany: Travel expenses law 2014 - SAP Notes cannot be implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

System Info: ECC 6 (EHP 4) with SAP_HR 604 Level 20

Notes Required for Germany 2014 Legal Changes: 1890802, 1962438, 1950785, 1956191 and 1949343

Issue: We tried to implement the above notes, however the validity for these correction are only VALID for patch level 52-68 for 604 component EA-HRGXX. We raised an OSS message and SAP told us to upgrade to the correct patch level in-order to implement the above notes. We have no plans to upgrade till March 2015 and plan to go live in Germany in Jan 2015. There were other notes related to German 2014 legal changes which had the validity as open for release 604 which we implemented successfully.

We are facing a real challenge here as to how we could get the program corrections that are mentioned in the notes above implemented in our system.

We also looked at the option of manually making changes as per the correction details in the notes, however the development team were unable to locate the correct place to add the suggested corrections. We are trying to escalate this to SAP management as we think that the legal notes should be applicable for our release and patch level as SAP is still supporting it or atleast SAP should provide us with clear instruction on how to make these program changes manually.

Just wanted to see if anyone is facing a similar issue or had it in the past?? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You are totally right, you should insist in your OSS message. Legal requirement must be implemented by SAP on all supported releases

Happened to me in the past on another module and the correction was finally done by SAP but we had to insist.

From my experience, first level of support will always try to do nothing and try to make you close your message

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mathieu

I hope that the come back to us with a appropriate solution. We have escalated this to the management now.

Cheers