cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM Error Configuration Information Gathering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I'm a bit stuck. I started a SUM to update our Solution Manager from 71 SP4 to SP 11. Downloaded SUM and started it. It got through the Extraction phase OK but at the Configuration  - Information Gathering phase I have encountered a problem.

Error while executing Task with input file ReadProfiles.xml and task READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION. Task READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION not found in configuration file ReadProfiles.xml.

And indeed, there is no mention of READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION in the xml file. SUM release details:

Software Update Manager Version: 1.0

Support Package Version: 10

Patch Level: 8

I have tried to reset update and presented with

Unable to reset the upgrade

Unable to execute the SDT request list SUM

Revoke is not allowed for the current operation configure.

So it seems I need to fix the problme before I proceed any further. I was planning on downloading a later release or support package of the current release of SUM.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Regards

Ray Phillips

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you check the here under note (if you are using Oracle) ?

Regards

1161052 - Add. Info: SAPehpi/SUM for Systems on Oracle

Before you start the EHP Installation please check your Oracle JDBC driver.

The Software Update Manager takes the JDBC driver from the location specified in entry "rdbms.driverLocation" within file "/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE<nr>/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/bootstrap.property". The driver specified in that entry is then copied to directory "SUM/java/lib" during the prepare process in the phase "READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION".

Later on, during the phases: "DETERMINE_JAVA_PORTS" or "GET_DMT_DB_INF", you may encounter the following errors in case of an outdated JDBC driver specified in the above mentioned bootstrap.property file:

====== error fragment 1 =====

Could not set up a database connection. See previous messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yves

Thanks but this is MaxDB. I guess it should all be the same for jdbc driver no? I mean the location and profile entries.