cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM7 Opening Catalog in new window

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're punching out to an external catalog from the Purchase Order screen.

Clicking the "add item" button we then select the 3rd party catalog. This then opens the site in the same window. Is there any way of getting this to open in a new window?

From what I have read if its configured in SPRO under standard call structure it should open in a new window anyway?

Is there any PFCG settings we can modify to achieve this?

Thanks

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I doubt if you can open catalog in a new window, i think its due to standard call structure and we cannot change this.

SAP Note: 1287412

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Anil. Is this due to SRM7? I notice it opens in a new window in SRM5.

The issue I'm having is when I have the purchase order screen to operate like a service map in pfcg - i.e the create po screen appears within

the frame of srm and we still have the menu bars - we get "an error has occured" when adding a catalog item.

When I have the purchase order open in a new separate screen and add the item there is no issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Since we don't have any option from configuration side to open the catalog in a new window it will open in the same window..

But if you observe "Simplified shopping cart" (for catalog items) any catalog you click will be opened in a new window and same catalogs configured for the user will be opened in the same window from "Advanced/Wizard based shopping cart"...

We do the configuration in "Standard Call Structure" but it behaves different in "Simplified Shopping cart" (catalog item opens in different window) and "Advanced/Wizard Based shopping cart " (Catalog item opens in the same window)..

My suggestion is, as we have the flexibility to changes the sap code... abaper can help you to open the catalog in different window....

Initially i have a situation that catalog opening in a new window but my business requirement is that it should open in the same window... ABAPer fixed it...

I hope you will find the solution with the help of ABAPer...