cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post has been rejected by an SCN moderator!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know if links can be shared on SCN? If yes, what kind of links? or should it be from a particular site???

I really wanted to help some guys by providing links that may help them but the problem is that the post is rejected.

For example if someone wants to know the skills are required to become MDG consultant ?

I included a link in my post where a company has posted a vacancy for MDG consultant.

In the link, the skills required were mentioned.

So why was this post deleted?

The link that I shared was public, so where is the problem.

So, when the post was rejected, I copied the skills mentioned in the link I shared and pasted it but again the post was rejected as i cannot copy from another source.

So, how I am supposed to help this person?

Regards,

Ashvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashvin,

I was one who reported almost all your posts(and deleted the ones in Career Center). I noticed that you were consistently posting answers that were either copy-pasted from others or simply searching through Google/SCN and posting those links.

The clearly states that you CANNOT copy-paste answers that are not your own. The RoE also states that those who post questions must first search. And if these posters dont search, then as a community member you must alert the Moderator about such posts.

So you are in violation of at least two major Rules. So in order for your posts to be accepted you need to provide your original answers (not copy-pasted and not simply posting links). Posting of links should be done only to justify your original answer (if need be).

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishan,

You provided only a link in the post mentioned below:

So as a moderator, I think that you should set this great example of not posting just a link!

Thank you for informing me about 'Copyright infringement'.

But there were no copyright in the link I shared...

Anyway, I will make sure not to copy from anywhere hereafter.

Thank you and best regards,

Ashvin

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your kind optimistic, Kishan's reply doesn't comes under "link farm" in that discussion.

His small sentence is totally supporting his posting link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Which small sentence?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was only yesterday that I was reading [this <link>

Former Member
0 Kudos

So my post would not have been rejected if only I had written 'I read about that some time before', then paste the link???

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are taking things out of context now as you are referring to a discussion in the coffee corner which is a forum for small talk and not to get something answered.

It was already said by Kishan, and it I just repeat what I and other moderators said several times in this kind of discussions: Be original, post your own answer, do not answer a questions by just posting a link.  A link can be posted, no doubt, but it shall support what you said and not replace your own answer. Just saying "check this link, may be helpful" is not sufficient. You shall explain in your own words what one can find if he follows the link.   If you are uncertain if you can post a link, then don't post a link. 

Posting links is just evidence that the question was already asked before and answered. So you are only spoon feeding somebody who is not capable or not willing to search.

Do you think you do him any good? I doubt, he will just learn how easy it is to get a quick answer and will post even more without searching himself. Do you do any good to SCN? No you dont, as we get redundant questions which making the search even more complex. And people find those answers with a link and follow it and find again a link ... this is just ridiculous for those who are willing to search.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashvin Sungkur wrote:

Kishan,

You provided only a link in the post mentioned below:

Who the f... is Mechthilde?

So as a moderator, I think that you should set this great example of not posting just a link!

You might want to get your facts right before going all guns blazing. The post that you are referring to was made in Coffee Corner, which has traditionally been free of points until the latest upgrade of the Jive Platform (which btw is a limitation - not a feature). But as an informal rule, the old-timers still stay away from giving/asking for points in this forum. Coffee Corner has been a place to unwind, discuss fun stuff, ponder over a great idea or just venting one's anger. The only real moderation that happens there is when there is a need to dowse a fire caused by a blasphemous post. Providing links to other funny posts have been a "value-addition" to the fun stuff and even a discussion-starter.

Thank you for informing me about 'Copyright infringement'.

But there were no copyright in the link I shared...

Just what part of these points do you not understand:

Don’t copy / paste other’s content. Be original. Don't cross-post (create multiple copies of the same content)

THAT is an offense - in any part of the world unless it is protected under Creative Commons.

It is pathetic that despite being pointed to the multiple times that you have cheated on the answers (and thus earned points unfairly) and accepting that fact and moving-on to start over a new leaf, you resort to blaming the Moderators who work day-in and day-out to keep the forums clean - for free!

I repent to not having suggested to have your ID disabled!

pk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the way you provided me with an answer Jurgen.

The thread I have mentioned is on 'About SCN'' and NOT 'Coffee Corner'.

So if people cannot ask questions and challenge moderator on SCN, please do disable my ID.

Thank you and Best regards,

Ashvin

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The thread I have mentioned is on 'About SCN'' and NOT 'Coffee Corner'.

Really? Check again:

This is exactly what's wrong with your kind of postings. You don't look for the information inside those links. You just go by the "search terms" and blindly post it.

pk

PS: You can challenge any Moderator, provided you can back it up with the right facts and being on the right side of the law.

Message was edited by: kishan P

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, I hadn't followed that link, I just remembered a recent discussion in the coffee corner:

Now I followed that link, and yes it is in About SCN, it is from 2008.

But it is not the year itself on which I want emphasize, It is the fact that the site was called SDN at that time and there was a migration to a new platform (SCN) with a totally different forum structure in 2012, and if I remember right then the coffee corner was not in place in  the beginning of the new platform, since a single space could not be made point free as it was before. To not lose the content, there was pretty nice stuff in the coffee corner, this was transferred to About SCN.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. I got confused too about the link too. But again as you said, this thread was initially in the "Coffee Corner".

pk

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashvin,

From last October /November onwards sharing simple link is not allowed on scn.

Along with if you add more text which supports that link, it will be accepted.

Rather than sharing simple link, inform to OP(original poster) to search on Google with similar or general terms which are related to his issue.

So in future OP may search on Google before posting and may find the solutions if exist.

other wise every time OP will ask all basic or already discussed questions multiple times which leads to duplication on scn.

Please check one of the blog which talks the same.

Thanks

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramanjaneyulu Korrapati wrote:

Hi Ashvin,

From last October /November onwards sharing simple link is not allowed on scn.

Actually this was in place much before the time period you mentioned . In ABAP forums we implemented this rule as far back as 2008.

pk

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for that. Thank you kishan for correction. At BW forums seen from last year onwards. so stated based on forum where i was been active. it was my mistake, need to mention forum rather than SCN.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe a result of Matt moving to the BW forums

pk

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think we had this discussion already. As you are searching for content to post a link  as answer  in other people questions, you should search for existing content yourself before creating a new question on a frequently discussed issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I have seen in many discussion which mentionned the link below:

My posts that were rejected are not among the few things mentioned below:

Grounds for Rejections of Posts or Account Removal

There are a few things you cannot do in SCN. These are actions that could lead to removal of your content or disabling / deleting your account. Please be diligent and avoid these behaviors.

1. Points-cheating: Engaging in activity for the purpose of increasing one’s own or another’s points. This includes working with other users to rate content highly, creating “fake” users to rate one’s content highly, or any other points-focused activity that does not benefit the community at large.
  2. Defaming another member: Posting content that discriminates against members based on any perceived differences, including but not limited to differences in culture, race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and physical ability. Read more on SAP’s diversity values.
  3. Copyright infringement: The Terms of Use require that all content submitted to SCN be original content created by the author or reproduced with the permission of the copyright owner.

And as you must have noticed, most of these discussions have not been answered correctly...

Here are a few below:

Please justify why my post has been rejected | SCN

So please do not think that I have not searched before asking this question.

Regards,

Ashvin

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use your Google skills to search "Copyright infringement".

pk

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

isn't it a kind of points-cheating to use other people answer to answer a question?

Search SCN with: rejected links

then limit it to the Support forum and you have 40 discussions

you cannot expect that people close those discussions with a correct answer. I doubt that you will do it at the end.