Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create project as released

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi'

We create projects through Assembly Processing. We want the Projects to be created with System Status Released.

I can customize that the network is created with status Released, but are there any possibilities to create the Project Definition and WBS-elements as Released?

Thank you in advance for input

Best regards

Lone

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lone

Using function module BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN you can trigger the status to release by using the below parameter

IProjectdefinition

PROJECT_DEFINITION=PD-TRAINING

Command:Release

Releasing a project. the system status 'Released' is set for the project definition and all other WBS element

&example&-Releasing Project definition PD-Training

You can refer to the documentation of this BAPI for more details

you have to trigger this  during creation using an enhancement

hope this resolves your issue

vijay

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for input!

I agree that it is not best practice to create projects with status REL, but my customer has asked for it

I'll re-check with the customer if they really want this. If they want it, I'll experiment with your proposals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know the reason of creating the project as released status.? Actually, I am thinking for workaround solution because it is not possible in standard. You need to go with development.

Else, you may also opt for the solution suggested by Vijay Hebbal.

Regards,

Amit

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lone,

in standard sap system REL as system status is not possible in initial phase. in normally it would be CRTD only that is good practice.

it also you can achieve but you have to go in development so check with abaper for your query.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

Its not possible through any customizing, you will have to go with development to set REL as initial status of project.

Still I am curious to know the business requirement behind it. I dont think it's a 'best practice' to set REL as initial status of project.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

I think we will need to use the BAPI_BUS2001_SET_STATUS and set the system status as released for all the projects at the time of creation. Please let me know if this was helpful.

Regards

Varun