cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA2 returns type not calculating tax unless updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm only a slightly familiar with pricing procedures and routines, and trying to help our analysts diagnose what is driving this behavior with our returns:

We are using returns type GA2, so I create a return in VA01 for type GA2.  I enter the material number, and a quantity and save.

Upon review of the the items' condition tab, I see that the condition type for the taxes (JR1 and JR2) are both 0.00 (they should both have the tax amounts shown here).

Using the buttons at the bottom of the item's condition tab screen, I can see the name of the pricing procedure using the Analysis button. That custom pricing procedure is called ZZAA01.  Expanding JR1 and JR2 under that procedure window, we can see the percentages that are supposed to be used for each.

If we use the Update button at the bottom of the item condition tab's screen, and choose an update reason, suddenly the JR1 and JR2 amounts are filled properly.

In the SPRO-->Sales and Distribution-->Basic Functions-->Pricing-->Pricing Control-->Define and Assign Pricing Procedures, I can see that the ZZAA01 procedure is listed.  In the sandbox, I can assign a pricing type (like "Carry Out New Pricing") to it, but I don't know if I'm on the right track.

I don't know which routine might be assigned to/through these procedures in VOFM, either.

The desired result is to have these tax amounts filled initially, and not require the update button to be used when the return is created.

Can someone help explain where I might look in our pricing procedures and routines (or if they are even the right area to be focused on) to solve this?  My background is in ABAP, and I'm trying to help some of our analysts diagnose this.

Thanks

Jeremy H.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wanted to let you know that one of our analysts figured this out.

It doesn't have as much to do with the pricing procedure as we thought.  I think it has to do with the Pricing Type in the copy controls. We currently have it set to copy everything unchanged (D), but that doesn’t seem to apply to taxes. So I looked at the Advanced Return copy controls and that document is redetermining taxes (G) so why not be consistent and use the same pricing type for both documents. I tested this out in the sandbox, and it works just fine if I change the Pricing Type so I’m going to bounce this off the business.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks

Jeremy H.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate in updating the forum promptly once you found the root cause of the issue.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so I create a return in VA01 for type GA2

Were you creating the return order directly or with reference to the preceding (billing) document?   Ideally, for returns, it is recommended to create the return order with reference to the billing document, so that system will take care of all data and populate automatically.  Nevertheless, if you can share the Analysis screen for these two condition types, that would give some clue as to why, values are not populating

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir--why returns from customer will have sales tax here???

can you help me for better understanding...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is purely business decision and based on their direction only, you need to configure pricing procedure.  Moreover, in India, if the sales returns is within 6 months, the seller can take credit of that tax component.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Thank you for the responses.  The behavior (with taxes JR1 and JR2 being 0.00 until update is pushed) is seen with Create with Reference as well.  In fact, usually in our testing of this, we have done a Create with Reference, using the *delivery* number (on the order tab).  I'm not sure if our analysts have tried a reference to the billing doc.  I will check.

Nevertheless, regarding the Analysis tab, I have tried to attach an image: