cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference among Model node creation, model attribute creation and the field creation in database through AET?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

To display the field on the View, we can create the field via 3 ways:

1) By creating the model attribute

2) By creating the model node using the GENIL object and using its attributes in view

3) Creating the field in Database structure using AET

But, i am not aware that in exactly what kind of business scenarios we use the above 3 methods to create the field.

Could you help me out to clarify the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Please help me out on this.

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

1). By creating the model attribute: we will use this option in case of the field is avaibla in stanadrd sap system. It might be in another under child context nodes and we will use BOL relations to access the attribute.

2).  By creating the model node using the GENIL object and using its attributes in view: We will use this option incase of there is no standard provision to use. Means you want to create any custom assignment block with custom attributes then you can go for this option. More over we can use AET to create custom genil object. We have an option Create Table in AET.

3).Creating the field in Database structure using AET: We will use this option incase of there is no attribute in database relevant to your requirement then we will go for AET enhancement.

Hope this might give you little clarification..

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dharmakasi,

For your explanation above.

I really appreciate your help.

I have a still confusion between Model Node and Model Attribute.

Can u clarify a little in detail. between the purpose of Model Node creation and Purpose of Model Attribute creation.

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Model node creation is like if you want to use your own custom database table in web ui as a assignment block. Here you will be creating your custom relationship with standard entities.

Model attribute is like just adding a single attribute in already existed context node. Here if you want to add only one attribute which is available in standard then you can add single attribute alone.

Example:

I am in Items assignment block which is corresponds to BTAdmini context node.

I want to access one field from BTCustomerI and add this field into items assignment block.

In this case i will code in BTAdmini context node class. You an create your own get method with attribute name and you need to code like

current->get_related_entity( iv_relation_name =  'BTItemCustExt' ).

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmakasi,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Aditya

Answers (0)