cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading reference data and initial data into HUB from client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know the options for loading the following data from ECC ( client) to MDG hub system.

1. How to load the reference data ( like material group,transportation group etc) from ECC client to MDG ? . What are the options?

2. How to load the initial load master data from ECC to MDG hub . I guess it is done through the File upload option . Does it cover all the master data like customers,vendors and materials. Please advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your first question, please see this document:

SolMan Synchronization tool is the best option (transactions SCDT_*).

For the second question, there are many ways and each domain is different. The bottom line is that you can treat it just like any master data conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for the reply. What are the options for loading master data , I know we have some SAP notes for initial load for MDGF . What about for Customers , Vendors and Materials . Do we need to do the DTEXPORT and DTIMPORT option for them . What is the recommended option.

Please correct me if I am wrong above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is a data load. You can treat it just like any other data load (MDG-F is an exception as you mentioned above). There are many ways that you can explore. Each situation is different so there is no single recommendation. DTEXPORT/DTIMPORT is a good option. Here are some example:

- MDG-F ()

- MDG-M ( )

- MDG-BP ()

0 Kudos

Dear Abdullah/Experts

We are in the process of migrating reference data from existing SAP.NW.MDM system to MDG8.0. Please advise if any documents/methods/best approach available those related Reference Data Migration form MDM to MDG.

Thanks,
Srini Sesham

Answers (0)