cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Workcenter Role ? (Move down to 1 level of navigation)

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have installed a Business Package on our 7.3 Portal.  Since not all roles/iView are used we would like to customize provided SAP Workcenter Role.

In fact we would like to move down from one level the role.  Is means instead of having it at the first level of navigation move it to second level of navigation (then second level should arrive at detailed navigation.  And detailed navigation stay but under tree structure).  The goal is to limit number of entry point at first level of navigation and group BP role under a "BP" entry point at first level.

I can do it easily if I copy the role and modify it via the Advance Editor.  But then I miss the Service (iView) entries that vary depending on selected item in detailed navigation.

In advance editor I don't find corresponding entries for Services.  I thought I can find it in Related links, but nothing....

So the question is: is it possible to modify a SAP Workcenter Role and move the complete row down for 1 level ?

Best regards.

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just remove the worksets from overview , and put them at the same level of overview and give entrypoint at role level,in that way overview will not come under second level navigation ,you can create a dummy role with smallest merge priority and assign the dummy role and modified workcenter role(give both same merge id) ,in that way work center role wil appear under dummy role and rest of the overview stuff in detailed navigation without overview, and services will also render.

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

thank you for your answer.  But... I don't understand how to do what you mention.  I'm not familiar with Workcenter Role but used to workh with freestyle role (and the "Related links).

Let's take an example with Health and Safety role provided by SAP:

In Workcenter/basic editor view:

When I select Incident "Entry Point" the Services display corresponding entries.

If I go to advanced editor I get first the warning that if I change something it'll be incompatible with Basic editor.  And if I select Incident entry point (that is Folder and not Workset) I don't find corresponding Services entries:

So I don't know how it works (dynamic services) in advanced editor.  Of course in Advanced Editor I can change the role as I want to get requested navigation levels, but when I do that I miss dynamic services.

So, when you say "just remove the worksets from overview , and put them at the same level of overview", you mean in basic editor or advanced editor.  And in in Advanced editor, how to keep services ?

Best regards.

Vincent

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

The bottom line is if you do a structural modification in advance editor ,then you won't be able to use the Basic graphical editor which is more user friendly, but i dont think so because if you wnat to cutomize the standard roles then you have to do modification in advance edior for structural changes to suit your requirement which you cant do in basic editor.

you can create some dummy copy roles of standard in your sandpit environment and play a bit on that.

as per my understanding taking the above example what ever you put under incident folder will render as service ,you can check this by hiding or unhiding a existing service in advance editor to see what happens.

for reducing the levels you need to identify from which top node of role you have to remove underlying stuff and keep it on the same level.

Taking the above example suppose you want Health and safety appears on second level and rest of the stuff on detailed navigation then you need to make incident manager role as entry point instead of health and safety folder as entry point.

Then if you keep everything under overview at runtime it will not render properly ,you can check during POC by applying diffrent combinations.

So to avoid this issue you need to remove all the stuff under overview and keep it at overview level and hide the overview.And you need to adjust the service map iview level for proper servicemap after structural change.

"in that way everything will be rendered properly like it is rendering before but the navigation will be like as below and you wont abe able to change anything in baisc editor but you can still do modification in Advance editor."

Incident manger

----- Health And Safety

----  Work overview

----   Incidents

......... and so on

I dont think that changing the structure corrupt the role only you can not change ibn basic editor .

Make sure you are working on copies of standard roles.

I hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Siddharth