cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM OVP Form raise event on input field value change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am trying to trigger the description look up of an input and display it.

For e.g.:

I have an input field customer number and when a user enters a customer and hits enter then i should be able to display the customer name from the database next to the customer number.

Please advise how this can be achieved in OVP form created using a GUIBB with a feeder class based on standard interface.

Thanks in advance,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

in the configuration/ customizing editor of the GUIBB Form GL2.0 that is based on WD component FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2 you have the possibility to assign a feeder action to an input field. The same is true for the old form GUIBB that is based on WD component FPM_FORM_UIBB. If the cursor is in the input field in the running application and you change the value and press Return the corresponding event is raised.

Best regards,
Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

1) Create an input field and provide FPM Event id.

2) In feeder class, method GET_DATA  you will get the FPM Event id.

e.g. IF io_event->mv_event_id ='XYZ'.

<Code>

Endif

Let us know of any more doubt on this.

Thanks,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Vimal. But my problem is how do I attach FPM Event id to the input field?

Please elaborate.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Sorry for misunderstanding it.

In GET_DATA there is a parameter "CS_DATA" . If you bind data to it you can see data in browser. Like normal webdynpro we don't use Set_attribute or bind table here rather you can use method Get_data of feeder class to bind it.

for example : In  Method Get_Data

li_makt = cs_data.

IF li_makt_line-matnr IS NOT INITIAL.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM makt INTO cs_data WHERE matnr = li_makt_line-matnr .

ev_data_changed
= abap_true.

ENDIF.

any more doubts ?.

Thanks,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explaining it so well. But my problem remains as is because the get_data wouldn't get called until some event is raised to call the FPM event loop. So, if I change the material number on the screen and press enter then method get_data is not invoked. Some event has to be raised for the code to go into the loop and invoke this method.

I am looking for something like PAI field ABC module XYZ functionality as it exists in old world dialog programming. I hope i made my requirement clear.

Thanks again for getting back.