cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for OLAP Prompts with BICS Connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running into issues with the Analysis for OLAP prompts when attempting to move Users from BEx Web.  When connecting to a BI Query using the BICS connection, OLAP displays all variables that use Selection option as Between by default. In addition the functionality of being able to separate values by ";" and use "!" to do a not-equals does not work with Selection option in Analysis for OLAP.  Instead the User has to click 4 times in Analysis for OLAP to enter one selection, when normally in BEx Web it would require 1-click.  I'm guessing that I'm missing something with regards to Query and OLAP setup?  See below for screenshots and workflow. 

Note: If I change the variables to Several Single Values this simplifies things greatly, but we lose a lot of the flexibility from Selection option such as ranges, <=, >=, and most importantly !.

Click Steps:

I also realize I can remove a step by clicking Equal first before entering anything, but most Users are going to go from left to right and not right to left.  Even so it's still pretty wonky the way it works even going down to 3 clicks.  I'm hoping that there are ways I can get this back to giving the same functionality and ease of use that the Users are used to with BEx.  Oh I'm also aware that if a field is required it'd be auto-expanded by default, but that's not really an option that we can use.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

If you get the user to change the operator to being Equal rather than Between it would save one click anyway! It's not ideal but best you might be able to do.

I find there are some limitations (or frustrations) with the prompts screen but they grow on you 🙂

Regards

Gill