SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Control Half-yearly & yearly Budget in Payment Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Our Client's requirement is to control the FM Budget on half-yearly as well as yearly in payment Budget category.

Here they want that system will enable to make PR & PO for entire year but at the time of MIGO or ML81N if half-year budget get exhausted it will stop.

Example: They will create PR for SAP Service AMC for full year as 100000*12 month = 12,00,000. But at the time of MIGO or SES system will stop to make any SES if budget will exceed for half-year(100000*6month = 6,00,000).

Which is might be impossible because once budget get consumed at PR level it will not asked for budget again @ MIGO or SES.

I can do the same if activate the commitment budget but they want only payment budget not commitment budget.

Kind Regards

Shyam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement AVC control on MIGO level: please, consult OSS note 142866 for this. As for your general requirement, you should manage two budget categories - commitment and payment  - with a relevant FM update profile. Then, you can inscribe payment budget as a half of the commitment one, and, thus, achieve your goal.

Resolving this issue without having two budget category is not possible in standard FM means.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implement AVC control on MIGO level: please, consult OSS note 142866 for this. As for your general requirement, you should manage two budget categories - commitment and payment  - with a relevant FM update profile. Then, you can inscribe payment budget as a half of the commitment one, and, thus, achieve your goal.

Resolving this issue without having two budget category is not possible in standard FM means.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I agreed with you and it's 100% correct but for the same I raise the OSS and I got the below reply:

But I have one doubt as below which I got the reply from SAP against OSS 457351/2014.

SAP has provided below three option for this issue.

1. Use Budget releases

2. Use different budget type, or even different AVC Ledger

3. Use Budget period as FM Dimension.

I use option 1 & 3 issue is not resolved but if I use the option 2(use Commitment Budget), then issue will get resolved which is not correct because our requirement is to control the budget by Payment Budget only not from any other Budget category.

Please suggest.

Regards

Shyam Singh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said, you cannot meet this requirement without having two budget categories. Of course, all sort of workarounds are possible, but none of them could be done by standard means in this case. I don't understand the idea of having only payment budget, if from the clients' requirement, it is clear that they functionally manage their budget with two categories: commitment and payment. For POs they have one budget and for GR - another: it is exactly commitment and payment budget pattern.

Regards,

Eli