Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch between preview in wwi template and cbgl_mp01 preview

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Why I am seeing different preview than what it is designed in wwi template , has anyone come to this issue so far ?

Regards,

M D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

The preview in GLM is generated on the WWI Server for GLM, while the Template preview is generated on your local PC...

So if the two WWI installations are different (MS Word Version, WWI Version, WWI.INI etc.) results could be different.

Regards

Mark

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

So for wwi sp30 what version of word should I use and what version of www.ini file should be used in that case .

Regards,

M D

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

WWI is a "bundle". and ww.inin belongs to that. You should not use WWI SP 29 with ww.ini SP 30 (as an example). If you check SAPÜ marketplace you will get always the current WWI version (and if possible you should use it on any gen server and any local client). There are lots of on top OSS notes in context of WWI discussing Word version. PLease simply check Marketplace. Here we can say: SAP has realized that there is a "high demand" to have some suitable OSS notes in place combining these topics in one (or more OSS notes). These OSS notes are mentioned in other documents / threads in this FORUM but they are easy to find.

C.B.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI MD;

You should use the same WWI Version on:

* Your local PC (This is very the Templae Editing and Preview takes place)

* Normal WWI Generation PCs (Report Bodies and Final Reports are generated there)

* Asynchron WWI Server (Server that GLM uses)

Regards

Mark

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MD,

Plz use office 2010. www.ini file is generated when you install the WWI SP. There is no version for the ini file as it reflects the SP version you download and install. In simple terms, Higher the SPof WWI, higher the version of word .

Dhinesh

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris/mark and Dinesh,

I am using WWI SP32 in WWI server and 2007 version of word on my local PC . So If I install 2010 Word locally in my PC will this issue get fixed ?

Regards,

M D

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

you did not get the message. It is very important that set up is on any client / server the same. YOu should not use locally word 2007 and on server higher version; all should be the same; it is highly recommended to get a stable WWI set up !!

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello C B,

For the wwi 3.2/2.7b sp32 , the word in the server installation should be of version 2010 .Is that true ?

Regards,

M D

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

M.D,

You are mistaken. Install the same version in both - local and server.

Regards

Dhinesh

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Dhinesh,

I am using 2007 in both places and still it is not working .

Regards,

M D

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

please past two picture; one using Cg42 or Cg02 and one via cbgl_mp01. It is quite difficule to help you if you don't explain the difference "better".

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

with the information provided by you nobody can help. May be start by reading cross thios document:

and clearyl explain what you expect to get and what you really get

C.B.