Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi value selection for characteristics under class type 200

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please suggest

I am trying to assign a class type 200 to the material master of a component say ABC.

While selecting the values for chars under classification I need to select more than one value for a characteristics say XYZ(single value).

Because when the K item will be replaced by L item from my class BOM, I want ABC to be in the BOM expolsion for  ANY of the multiple values I select under classification of ABC.

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh Kumar

In a class BOM its not posisble to select multiple components using multivalue characterstic.

please explain some more on ewhat do you mean by " I want ABC to be in the BOM expolsion for  ANY of the multiple values I select under classification of ABC."

If you assign 2 values and if its selecting same component ABC whats further logic in process for these 2 characterstic values?

reply , may be we can find some work around.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Lets take an example of material SHAFT1.

Under classification view of SHAFT1, I will assign a class XYZ type 200 with three characteristics say MODEL, DOR, MOC (All Single Value).

Values of char MODEL : A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3

Now when I assign values to these chars say for MODEL= A2, DOR=CW, MOC=CI and save then it normally replace the class item with line item when the above assigned values are selected.

But my requirement is; the class should be replaced even if I select any value in MODEL say A2 or A3 or B1 and DOR=CW, MOC=CI

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh Kumar,

Thanks for providing example, here the problem is , during replacement of class with material number system looks for exact match.

In classification view you cant put or condition, what ever value we assigned there is consider as AND replationship.

you can create 3 similar material , and assign them this combination , like for XYZ1 , model is A1, XYZ2 , Model =A2 etc

or

For such requirement , the better option is instead of class put material number directly in BOM with item catagory L and assign selection condition with logic select this component if MODEL =  A2 or A3 or B1 and DOR=CW & MOC=CI

It will work , with class node it will not work.

Please also check document created by me on class node in below link.

Thanks

Ritesh