cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

% values are multiplying by 100 in values axis on dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In a set of dashboards we are facing % issue on axis we are displaying % values as multiples of 100 rather than original one. For example if the original value is 25% in axis it is displaying as 2500%.

These dashboards are created in older versions we are not used these dashboards for the last 2 years may be lot of patches has been updated.

Please help me in analyzing this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Check the version of Excel.

Are you using 2003.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

When you map values to any charts with Percentage in appearance, it presumes that whichever values you map to the chart are already calculated to percentage. E.g. 0.25 value in a cell appears as 25% and 25 in a cell appears as 2500%.

If this is not something you want with your set of values then you may simply map values to any intended chart, keep appearance as Numeric and give a label to Y axis as '%' which I believe is your requirement.

Happy Dashboarding,

Tejas

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is you have data in excel model like 25, 30, 35 etc and you have formatted the axis as percentage and expecting the labels to appear as 25%, 30%, 35% etc.

You need to change the data in the excel model by dividing the same by 100 so that the data becomes 0.25, 0.3, 0.35 etc.

When you format the label as percentage, it will multiply the value by 100 and also show the % symbol as per your requirement. This is by design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Check the axis format

This you could do in Chart properties ->appearance ->Text ->axis labels ->  Number format

Confirm if it is set to percentage.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Noopur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noopur,

The problem is there we defined the number format as percentage and decimal places are "2".

We checked by creating a new column chart with dummy data if we are defined axis values as 25,30,35... while selecting the nuber format to percentage in appreance of charts as percentage then the values are displaying as "2500,3000,3500...."

Our dashboard version is v.6.0

Regards,

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

After making changes in the axis labels number format, try re-mapping it as in reselect the range.

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

when we select the number format as percentage and decimal places are "2".

it multiply the 100 to the existing number.

if u had calculated the percentage already the change the number format as default. with 2 decimal places.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonawane,

For general number format we cannot get the decimal places right? and the % symbol too...

One more thing is we calculated the percentages at BEX itself. Now we are having values as 25,35,40.

Sorry i forgot to mention the main point these dashboards are created by some other vendors 2 years back may be more..  they didnt face this percentage issue at that time.

Now recently checking these dashboards in latest version we are having this issue.

Regards,

Madhavi

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after applying the above format we will get output as 25.00,35.00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonawane,

Thanks for the response, but what about % symbol it is mandatory.

And one more thing is why this issue happening can you suggest me a root cause for this because before changing the reports clients needs the exact root cause is the main reason is version change?? in previous versions while defining number format as percentage  will it take it as multiples of 100?

Regards,

Madhavi

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

easy way it to get that % symbol is that

divide the current measure  by 100

and after that map it to chart

and then change the number format to percentage

this only workaround i think so

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes sonawane,

We proposed the same with client but they need the exact root cause then only they will allow us to modify the dashboards.

We are searching for the root cause because we dont know what is the previous version...

Regards,

Madhavi

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which version you was using previously

and which version your using now???