SAP for Industrial Manufacturing Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building smarter factories. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of IM&C BP error - Variants That Match Selection Cannot Be Found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

so I'm trying to activate the IMC_ERP607_USV3 Best practices and get this error very soon after starting the activation.

I'm using /SMB/BBI and uploaded the Installation Data I downloaded from  http://service.sap.com/bp-implcontent before. I chose the ERP 6.0 EHP7 package according to our system. Upload worked without problems and the check of the solution passed without errors.

Hit activate and filled the required fields according to the QuickGuide and now encounter the following Problem:

Leaves me rather clueless..The only information I can find to that error are not related to the Best Practice Installation and usually are caused by a misformed txt file. But Ias I downloaded the TXT from SAP, I don't feel comfortable messing around with it. It is a pretty small one anyway, the SMB99_SU03_O009_100 on my HDD contains the following:

[VARIANT]    [DESCRIPTION]    I_LAND1    I_SPLD    I_TZONE

*        Country    Default Printer    Time Zone

*REFERENCING        D00;I_LAND1    DXX;I_LDEST 

STANDARD    Standard    I_LAND1(D00,HOME)    I_LDEST(DXX,VARIANT_1)    PST

The Installation Data says the same for that part:

Seems pretty basic to me so the failure in activation is even more disturbing.

This is the progress so far:

In case you suggest to activate manually via eCATT please provide me some more information as I'm new to it. In fact, I'd obviously prefer to solve this error to continue the automated installation.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to finish this in case someone ends up here in some months or years:

In the end I repeated all my steps within the Windows SAP GUI, previously used the Java GUI, and it magically worked out fine. Hope you can solve your problem too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the moment I just manually set the values according to the file and set the status to OK with comment. Still happy for all suggestions on reason and future avoidance of the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately having the same issue with the Currency Check.. what's wrong there?

edit: and with currency setting, adress setting, aslo with check of Measurement units. Something weird is going on there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK so found the Note 1243879 to a more or less similar problem like this.

according to it, the problem is based on the ECATTDEFAULT - also often found in the IMC TXT files.

Also, it says the problem might be resolved by updating SAP_BASIS 7.10 to a version above SP6. A possible solution but our SAP_BASIS is already at  7.40 SP6.

Any other thoughts?

(sorry I can't edit the start-post anymore for whatever reasons)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to finish this in case someone ends up here in some months or years:

In the end I repeated all my steps within the Windows SAP GUI, previously used the Java GUI, and it magically worked out fine. Hope you can solve your problem too!