cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM task not coming in inbox

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This regarding the UWL issue which we are facing in our landscape.

We have an EP 7.01 SP11 system by which users access the BPM task and CE 7.2 SP06 system

Where the BPM workflow is created.

SSO is configured properly between these two systems where both  systems UME is pointing

to the same LDAP. System configurations and UWL configurations are done properly ,in fact the

tasks where coming properly in the inbox before.

But all of sudden without any changes its not working now . we are not able to find the root cause

of it.

Kindly help us to resolve this issue and let us know if you need more inputs.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Parthibaraja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Parthibaraja

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

In relation to the issue you described you mentioned:

• We have an EP 7.01 SP11 system by which users access the BPM task and CE 7.2 SP06 system Where the BPM workflow is created.

• SSO is configured properly between these two systems where both  systems UME is pointing to the same LDAP. System configurations and UWL configurations are done properly ,in fact the tasks where coming properly in the inbox before.

Now although you mentioned the configurations are setup accordingly. I would like you to kindly review the UWL Destination Service Configuration as the smallest discrepancy maintained can cause unpredictable and unexpected behaviour.

• SAP Note: Note 1133821 - UWL Destination Service configuration

When you followed and implemented SAP Note 1133821 - UWL Destination Service Configuration we need to make sure that connector names and also destination names match exactly (Case Sensitive).

Example: I mean if your portal system alias (=UWL connector name) is for example XYZCLNT100, then the rfc destination name should be exactly XYZCLNT100$WebFlowConnector.

After checking this and if you make any configuration changes

• Clear the UWL Cache
  • Restart the UWL Service (during a period of downtime/low usage levels)

Now in terms of the UWL and BPM tasks there are some important points to highlight which are covered in the following documentation link:

I have come across similar scenarios in the past which have been resolved after consulting the following SAP Note Documentation:

• SAP Note: 1585226 - BPM UWL Connector Failure

Kindly Check whether the proxy settings are done correctly and http.nonProxyHosts has proper entries as explained in the note 1507174. (Proxy settings for the J2EE engine). You NEED to have SSO configured as in a case with 730, absolutely no user mapping should be used on webflowconnectors.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

I greatly appreciate your time and patience and I look forward to recieving your reply.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enteprise Portal Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Dear Troy,

Thanks a lot for your detailed input.

We did the things which you have mentioned as well as we did a system restart for both the EP and CE system.

Now the tasks are coming properly in EP inbox.

Regards,

Parthibaraja

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Parthibaraja

It is no problem at all I am very happy to provide assistance.

I am glad to hear that the scenario is now working as required.

Always happy to help

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you facing any errors in the BPM execution?

(Check for errors in the NWA-->Process Repository-->select your process instance-->check the 'History' tab(advanced in the dropdown) at the bottom of the page)

Make sure that the user who is supposed to receive the task has the 'BPEM_EndUser' role assigned to him to enable receiving BPM-tasks.

If you find any error logs, please post here so that we can help better.

0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant ,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes the user has been assigned with the BPEM _Enduser role.

Can you please explain little more about checking the BPM execution error.

I went till Process Repository -> chosen the BPM process

But not able to find the History tab.

Sorry I have very limited knowledge in NWA and BPM.

Regards,

Parthibaraja

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this document. It will help you a lot in the future too.