cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best option to change sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

whats the best way to change sales order.

in brief requirement is like , we want to update a configuration value in sales order & after that want to reprice it and save it.

it need to be done in mass , like for a 100 order at lest in one go.

what could be the best approach to achive it?

BAPI/Functional module etc

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes just go through VA05N (Enter sold to party , document date & also click below (Open Sales Order) execute - click on Change document(Ctrl+F11) -Click on Edit new pricking & change the price..

Thx

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu/Kamlesh,

Thanks for reply, but my requirement is we need to update these document in

back ground not online.

so planning to create a development to achive same.

and for the same i need these information , which FM or BAPI can help .

Thanks

Paul

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBAP in the program MV45AFZB

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE in SE37 for Sales order: Change Sales Order.

Where you can set flag "X" for PRICING in import parameter LOGIC_SWITCH for update of price in the given sales order..

Thanks, JP

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi G & Jyoti Prakash Sir

Sir you have given User exist But i think i misunderstood Issue because i that he wants to change price of sales orders once created , that is way i have said VA05N

Please correct me if i am wrong and please let me know exact OP Asked please

Thanks a lot sir 

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check I proposed functional module, not an Exit.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply , but can you add explanation too with this suggestion, which one i should look for

USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBAP in the program MV45AFZB  or 

BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE in SE37 for Sales order: Change Sales Order.

Where you can set flag "X" for PRICING in import parameter LOGIC_SWITCH for update of price in the given sales order..

I am new with this stuff and really dont understand difference in these 2 functionality.

My requirement is simple, want to update 100 sales order with configuration value and then reprice them and save.

Thanks

Paul

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being new is not an excuse for not reading ROE and not searching before posting. Google 'what is user exit sap' and 'what is function module sap' to understand the difference. While you're at it, also look up 'order change site:sap.com', there is plenty of information already out there on SCN.

If you have a more specific technical queston then ask in the ABAP forum, not in the SD one. But again - search first.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu gopal

we need to update these document in back ground not online.

OP's requirement is to change in background and via VA05 (not VA05N as mentioned by you), you can only change in foreground and not background.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

why don't you try LSMW for updating configuration values in sales order in foreground or background according to your scenario.

In your scenario you can take enter all the 100 sales order numbers in the text file and upload at a time through LSMW with configuration values and reprice and save in background .

Dear all, correct me if my solution is not suitable for this scenario.

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena Perfiljeva,

I am new to SD and cant anaylze which is better option a exit mention in above or program for the current scenario.

USEREXIT_NEW_PRICING_VBAP in the program MV45AFZB  or

BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE in SE37 for Sales order: Change Sales Order.

Sorry if my explanation sounds like excuse that I haven't search forum before posting it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

C B Reddy,

Thanks for suggestion , with LSMW every time we need to prepare file and run it.

as i mentioned earlier, here the requirement is , user will select few orders from the day and run a Z transaction or Z report to update configuration value and reprice the selected sales order.

Thanks

arthur_alvesteixeira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Paul,

it's possible to call the standard BAPI: BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE.

So the user can select the orders, run Z transaction and this BAPI (inside the transaction) update sales order data.

arthur_alvesteixeira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your report calls the BAPI to change each selected order

... also it'possbile to test this BAPI using se37 transaction:

se37 -> Menu Function Module -> Test Sequences ->

BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE + BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT -> Enter ->

Inform the data changed ->

Mark the required data to change in structures and internal tables that ends with letter X ->

F8 -> F3 -> F8 (BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User exit is not better or worse but completely different from a function module (and BAPI is a function module). I'm confused - wouldn't some understanding of user exits be a part of the basic SD training? But even if it wasn't - have you tried reading the definitions in Google, as suggested?

It's not that I don't want to help but this is "teach a man to fish" thing. These are not very complex concepts and I just fail to see where you're having trouble understanding them exactly... Could you please clarify what exactly is a difficulty?

Thank you.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Paul

we want to update a configuration value in sales order & after that want to reprice it and save it.

As per my knowledge you want to change Of sales orders Documents Massively

No need to use Mass , just go to VA05 OR VA05N

Enter the sold to party and Material ---you will get some open order doc now you can click on Edit new pricing

In this t.codes we can Change price

If i misunderstood wrangle ,please update me

Thanks a lot

venu