cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which module SAP ABAP or SAP PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am Varun Maheshwari. I have done B.E in electrical and Electronics. I had experience of 1.8Yr in Project management as Project assistant in Centre for Wind Energy Technology(on Contract basis). My role was Planning of the project, Site selection- Pan India, Resource & inventory planning for installation purpose, Budgeting the project, Collection of the data and analysis, Report generation as per the analysis to the management and third party.  I am willing to pursue career in SAP domain but i am really confuse between SAP domain (SAP PS or SAP ABAP) which will be good if you consider growth & opportunities.

Please guide me considering Market Scenario, Future Growth & Recruitment Opportunities?

I will be highly thankful to you !!

Regards

Varun Maheshwari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Since you already have almost 2 years of experience in project management, it is better to capitalize on this experience by choosing a career relevant to your experience. This experience counts when you go forward in the same area (Project management).

In SAP, for project management there are three tools serving different business processes.

1) SAP PS (Project Systems)

2) SAP PPM (Portfolio & Project Management)

3) SAP CPM (Commercial Project Management)

In general it is better to start with SAP PS and then later on with SAP PPM which has very good integration with PS.

Coming to your query on future growth/recruitment opportunities.. There are lot of job opportunities for SAP PS in the market.. Any project in any company in this world requires a tool to monitor & review the project progress. Considering this organisation may use either SAP PS / PPM / Microsoft project / Primavera. But definitely organisations using SAP uses SAP PS for project management. So in short, there is no shortage of demand for SAP PS.

Considering your experience, I have given my opinion and it finally depends on you to choose a career in which you have passion.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your valuable suggestion.

Varun Maheshwari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP PS will be good for you.

thanks

SKKS