SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Container

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.  I have been reviewing SAP's Information Container framework as a solution for notifying a downstream system when items have posted in SAP-CD.  We do this today with custom logic.  My challenge is that the consuming system often requests that SAP 're-send' a message.  While the Information Container provides this ability, our consuming application will not be able to provide us the Information Container message hey.  They will only be able to provide us their unique transaction identifier (we store in XBLNR) or potentially our payment document number.  This information is available only in the data container payload, not in the in the main data container fields (DFKKIINFCO or DFKKINCOS).  In order for the Information Container to support our need to resend items, we would need the ability to query one of these tables based on either the SAP document number or the external document number.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar need and found a solution outside of maintaing a Z table cross reference between the Info Container and the document number (which seems contrary tot he point to me).

Thanks for any suggestions!

3 REPLIES 3

former_member201285
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you already checked the exit 3701 (in transaction FQEVENTS)? It allows you to pass additional customer individual data fields when writing to the information container (parameter CS_DATA_STORE). Thus, you could store the required field.

It's just an idea, we don't use this exit in our company, so I can't offer a code example...

Regards,

Ulrich

0 Kudos

Thank you for the response.  I did review this exit and I believe it allows addtional data to be stored in the caontainer payload.  I need to store another entry on the main table which I can use in a query.  I think I will need a 'Z' table cross reference until maybe SAP will provide a customer include on DFKKINFCO!

Regards,

Lou

0 Kudos

Hello Lou,

now I've understood your requirement. As SAP stores the information in the field XMLSTRING of table DFKKINFCO, a query won't be helpful in this case because you can't access the (customer) fields directly. I guess parsing the xml is not a good solution either. So, I think your Z-solution is the best approach.

Regards,

Ulrich