cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Expanding box in master page touching table in content area

0 Kudos

Hi All,

iam developing a purchase order print form.There are 2 boxes for purchasing notes and delivery instructions which are filled by include texts.I have kept these 2 boxes in the master page.They are needed only on the first page.

if the texts inside these boxes are large then these boxes are supposed to expand down and the content area that has my item level data should get displaced down accordingly.Now if i let the text fields within the boxes to expand to fit,the boxes will expand down but overlap with my item table header.(as the boxes  are now in the master page)

i have tried the below option as well

1 - Bring the two boxes in the master page to the content area in the design view.

2 - wrap both these boxes in a subform1 and again wrap this subform1 to another subform2 which is kept flowed.

So basically i have subform2 above the item table which is itself wrapped in a subform that is set to flow.

Still when the texts are large my subform2 expands and comes down and overlap my item table.What i need is that when subform2 expands the subform below it which has the item table should get displaced down accordingly.

Somebody please help me.i shall provide more details if the above is not clear enough

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Almost there.

You just need to wrap all 3 boxes, including your item table into the same subform.

So that item table will be flowed depends on the content of previous 2 boxes . This should avoid overlapping.

Thanks.

regards,

Xiang Li

0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

Sorry i forgot to mention that in my original post.I had wrapped the top subform containing the top 2 boxes and my item table into another subform3 which is kept positioned and this subform 3 is wrapped in a subform4 which is flowed.

Still it did not work.i will try again and may be come with more details soon.

Thanks for your help