cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Configurable Material in equipment master

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a situation where a sales order was entered for a specific variant configurator part, a production order was cut, an equipment number/serial number was generated and assigned to the production order.

The customer requirement subsequently changed and this meant that the configurable part number was now different. We reversed and closed out the production order and rejected the line on the sales order (which set the deletion flag on the production order). Because the manufacturing floor desires to keep the machine's original equipment number, we then changed the material and serial number in that equipment.

However, the equipment master still has a reference to the original configurable material (this is field EQUI-KMATN). I can see where I can change the configuration using IE02, but this is within the assigned configurable material. I don't see a way to reset/change to a different material.

Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Late reply but we have the same problem except we use the configurable material for Configuration control in PM.

Maybe you have already solved the problem but there might be more people that run into this in the future. We will develop a program that deletes the CUOBJ field in table EQUI (not a so nice solution but we find no other alternative). By doing this we are able to change the configurable material. We will save the old CUOBJ value in a separate table to be able to have the history of how the EQ has been configured over time. 

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for taking the time to share your solution. Fortunately for us this happens infrequently so I told the users it was not possible to retain the equipment number. I will save your suggestion should they wish to revisit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michele,

Try this

Tcode IE02

If your requirement is to change the material Number, this provision is also there.

Jogeswara Rao K

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. Forgive me for not being clearer. I am not trying to change the material, I'm trying to change the Configurable Material, as shown here. This referenced material came from the sales order > production order > equipment link, as I described above.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michele Williams,

Do you want to say , the equipment is created for material variant and it still hold the old configurable material number here in this field, which you want to replace with new configurable material?

or equipment is created for configurable material, but now you want to replace configurable material number for equipment?

It will be helpful while replying , if you can rephrase your issue again.

Thanks

Ritesh

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Sales order was created for configurable material. Production order was cut for this material. Equipment/serial number was created and assigned to production order, linking to this configurable material.

Now customer changes requirement, so production order was canceled, sales order line item was rejected, then equipment was changed to reflect new material, but configurable material stays the same.

We wish to retain the equipment number, so we need to remove the links from the original sales order line item and production order such that we can tie the equipment to the new configurable material.

It appears as though we need to remove the link to the sales order in the production order? I don't see a way to do what I'm suggesting in the equipment master itself. I think it is the sales order/production order link which is holding the equipment hostage. Sales order item is not editable in the canceled production order.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michele Williams,

I am repeating what i asked previously, as per my knowledge , if the equipment is created for material variant then only you will see the configurable material in the field you are referring.

so please check with the changes you made to original sales order what was the line item which got rejected and whats the new line item in sales order, if both this material are material variant of 2 different configurable material it will not be possible to update the new configurable material in equipment.

Please check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the new sales order line item is for a completely different configurable material. If you are saying that this is not possible, that is our answer.

Thank you very much.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michele Williams,

Hope you know terminology for material variant and configurable material. refer below link for more details.

In short my understanding with your issue is as below.

You created a sales order for configurable material, based upon values selected a material variant is derived and replaced the sales line item in sales order , serial number , equipment created for same as well as production order.

Customer approached you with change requirement and old line item got rejected , and new material variant is added to sales order which belongs to another configurable material and due to this miss match the configurable material in equipment cant be replaced.

Hope this explanation work. If you agrees please close the thread.

Thanks

Ritesh

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link. I am familiar with it.

To be clear, we do not use Material Variants at all. I would like to, but the users have to this point been reluctant to change processes.

Each and every sales order line item for one of our machines is configured and built using just the configurable material (KMAT). I believe I was careful in using my terminology and never said "material variant". But forgive me if I have not been clear.

You have stated the problem correctly except for the fact that the new customer requirement resulted in a new KMAT on the sales order, not a material variant.

Can you please advise whether this makes a difference in this case? It appears as though the equipment is tied to the original entry and cannot be changed regardless of whether the difference is a configurable material or a material variant. Is that so?