cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI CRM_BP_UIU_DEFAULTS or Component Enhancement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I just came across BADI CRM_BP_UIU_DEFAULTS implementation.

While creating the account, to populate the fields in BP_ADDRESS with default values, this BADI can be used to implement that functionality.

This was the suggestion by our functional consultant.

I was thinking, why not to enhance the component and set the default values in DO_PREPARE_OUTPUT method or using some other methods.

I'm sorry for asking so stupid question. But, it's been a question I was asked a few times. I thought it was becoz of performance issue. But, still I'm not sure.

Can someone please help me find out the reason why to go for BADI and not to enhance the component?

Thanks in advance.

-Ezhno.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there's a BADI I would go for the BADI, I understand it's a little weird, because the BADI's are placed in the standard component, so if you enhance the component and redefine the methods where the BADI's are called and put your logic there, the result will be pretty similar. Why you should redefine instead of use the BADI?, IMHO I don't think there's an exception, so as I said in the begining I would go for the BADI  as the behaviour of the UI can change for notes, SP or ehp, if you you have the component redefined maybe you lose this functionality even if you called the SUPER properly and SAP support you, but, if you are using a BADI and using it as the way is meant, SAP will support you or at least they won't have the excuse to not support you

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, Luis!

It makes sense. I really din't think that far. I just had a thought,  why to go for a BADI just to put some default values in the fields.

Thanks for your time.

-Ezhno.

Answers (0)