cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0.3 Service Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We installed SMP 3.0.3 RT Production version with ASE 15.7, we followed pre-installation step from the guide for ASE configurations, but we cannot start SMP3Service, gives that error below

Any idea ?

Regards.

Murat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try starting the services manually ?

Open RUN (windows + R) > services.msc > right click and start the SMP services ( search with 'S'  ) .

- Virinchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Virinchy, actually, this is the pop-up error after when I set it manual and Start the service.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you make it "automatic" and restart your machine ?. Hope this time this service will start automatically.

Rgrds,

JK

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Murat,

You can try these steps,

1. If your service is always in starting state in the services.msc window, follow these steps to stop the service. Double click on the service name and get the name of the service. Something like SMP3Service. Copy this name. Go to command prompt and run as administrator.

Use this command to find the process identifier id (PID) sc queryex smpservicename

You will get the PID number for the service. then use the below command to force kill the service. In the command prompt insert this command

taskkill /f /pid pidnumber of the service. This will stop the service.

2. To start the service

Go the the SMP3 Server installation folder. C:/ SAP/Mobile3/Server

Within the pickup folder delete the .state folder, and from the Server folder delete the log folder and the work folder. You might have a warning when you try to delete the log folder. Go to task manager and on the processes tab view the process for all users. Check the smp3ServiceUser and terminate the java.exe process running under this user and try to delete the log folder. Once these folders are deleted, copy the Server folder path and open command prompt and then run the go.bat under this folder

cd %path to the server folder %

go.bat

Your server services will start working.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Rakshit Doshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, thank you so much Rakshit.

We followed your steps earlier, and after execute "go.bat" batch file, gives an error below,

!SESSION Mon Jul 21 09:39:13 FET 2014 ------------------------------------------

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2014-07-21 09:39:13.955

!MESSAGE SMP-INIT-001 SAP Mobile Server - Checking DB...

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2014-07-21 09:39:14.265

!MESSAGE SMP-INIT-001 SAP Mobile Server - Succeeded DB Check.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2014-07-21 09:39:14.266

!MESSAGE SMP-INIT-002 SAP Mobile Server - server_version:3.0.3.0

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2014-07-21 09:39:14.275

!MESSAGE SMP-INIT-002 SAP Mobile Server - cluster name: cluster version: supported versions:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2014-07-21 09:39:14.276

!MESSAGE SMP-INIT-002 SAP Mobile Server - The key of this server node does not match the cluster you are attempting to connect to it

and also realized that we cannot start Sybase_XP Server service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find a solution for this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly,  We made it manual, instead of automatic. Then We realized the service depends other Services related with ASE, We also  starting them manually except Sybase_XP Server service, and then it starts without an error.

Regards

Murat

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you didn't address the "not matching cluster key" seperately?

I have an external Oracle DB and the SMP3 service does not depend on any other services related to Oracle/ASE/SMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Starting the services manually resolved my problem. May be you need extra configuration for OracleDB.

Regards.

Murat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I was facing similar issue while trying to install SMP 3.0 with Oracle DB. However, noticed that when I used the default user(gomobile) and schema, things were working fine.

I faced "The key of this server node does not match the cluster you are attempting to connect to it" error while trying to start during the second attempt. The first attempt to start the SMP server fails as around 20 persistence bundles fail to initialize(noticed that the failing bundles were to do with server security and authorization from the logs). And while trying to start SMP 3.0 again, the mentioned error appears. I was not using the default user credentials when the error appeared.

Try with the default credentials, without changing as per the installation guide. This sounds like a stupid issue, but it worked for me and I hope it helps.

Regards,

Vigil

Answers (0)