cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to stop application in hana cloud cockpit

sara_dicker
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have an application on the cloud cockpit that I am unable to stop, I am following the opensap course which is great but this issue is stopping me deploying my changes for the next module.

Any advise would be a great help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If your app's status is App Timeout or App Error, you could also try and redeploy it (with the same name), then you should be able to stop it. This workaround helps in cases when for some reason the app has been undeployed before it's been fully stopped.

HTH!

--Vlado

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

What happens when you try to stop the application? Do you get some error message? Have you perhaps tried to use the neo command line tool to stop your application?   

sara_dicker
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, I get no message the screen refreshes with the application still started. I looked at the processes and I have one process ruing. I have tried to delete the process but I get a 404 error and the screen refreshes with the process still active. I have tried re-deploying the applcation but this just has a connection refused message. I know the details are correct as I have used them many times before.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please provide some more details about the connection refused message.

Also, what's the exact app status you see? If it's Started as you say, you shouldn't have the option to delete it.

sara_dicker
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir, yes the app is started and you are not able to delete it in this state. When I try to stop it I get a message saying that application stop is requested and is waiting for the status to be changed. This then refreshes the screen without the status changing.  When I try and redepoly the application by defining a new sap hana cloud server and defining the application name to the same name that has been deployed.

Error during validation of host: https://hanatrial.ondemand.com

Connection to https://hanatrial.ondemand.com refused

I dot get any further details shown.

I think it is related to the process that it thinks is running. If I try and sop the process I get

Could not stop process 43d07f2 : Not Found (404)

Sara

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I meant to redeploy on the same cloud server. Actually, if you try and create a new one with the same name, you should get an error like "Server instance with same Application and Account name already exists in workspace".

Do you get the last message from the console client? Can you also try and get the status using the console client command status?

If nothing else helps, please tell us your account name so we could take a deeper look.